General Manager of Finance, IT, and Economic Development/CFO
Full-Time, Benefited Position
35 Hours per week
The Regional District of Central Kootenay (RDCK), is accepting applications for the position of General Manger of Finance, IT, and Economic Development/Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, The General Manager, Finance, IT, and Economic Development (GM) is responsible for the overall management of Finance, IT, and Economic Development for the Regional District. The GM is also the designated Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and is the financial advisor to the CAO and the Board of Directors, leading financial planning and modelling to support critical and strategic decision-making.. As a member of the Senior Management team, and as the CFO, the GM plays a critical role ensuring the development and implementation of departmental functional strategies.
This is a unique opportunity to join the RDCK in a senior management role, and experience all that the Kootenay Region has to offer. Senior management positions at the RDCK provide an opportunity to advance your career within Local Government.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE INCLUDE:
- An undergraduate degree in business or commerce, and a graduate degree in business is a definite asset
- Recognized professional accounting designation, with a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years of leadership experience, including experience managing multiple functions and at a senior level. Preference may be given to those with local government finance experience
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES INCLUDE:
- Knowledge of the statutory requirements of the Local Government Act
- Demonstrated ability to influence key stakeholders at various levels within an organization
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple teams
- Demonstrated aptitude for strategic problem solving
- Strong analytical skills
- The ability to exercise tact, discretion and sound judgement while dealing with sensitive issues in a political environment and excellent interpersonal skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills, and public engagement and communication experience is a definite asset
- Demonstrated commitment to the RDCK values: Health and Safety, Integrity, Accountability, and Respect
This posting, along with a detailed job description outlining the complete required qualifications and the variety of roles and responsibilities included in this role, can be found on our website at www.rdck.ca /jobs.
Join us in Nelson!
This exciting opportunity is based in the beautiful city of Nelson BC, a world-class recreational playground with all the comforts of today’s amenities and lots of exciting things to do and see year round. Nelson and its surrounding rural communities offer all the benefits of small town living, boast strong and diverse economies and thriving business sectors, have convenient access to parks, great schools and heath care services, and are located just a few hours away from major city centres. Locals enjoy a wide range of recreational opportunities including ,skiing, hiking, and biking, as well as access to multiple special interest groups, theatre, music, arts and, of course, exceptional recreational facilities!
About working for the RDCK:
The Regional District of Central Kootenay (RDCK) is a local government that serves an estimated population of 60,000 residents. The RDCK provides rural residents with an effective form of local government and ensures that all residents have access to commonly needed services, no matter where they live.
Employees at the RDCK have the opportunity to be a part of a great team of people and work for an organization that they can be proud of. The successful applicant will be offered a generous benefits package which includes extended health and dental benefits and enrollment in the Municipal Pension Plan.
Applications submitted in the form of a resume and cover letter will be accepted by email until 9:00am Friday October 2, 2020.
Thank you for your interest in working with the Regional District of Central Kootenay. All submissions will be acknowledged although only those individuals shortlisted to participate in the interview/testing process will be contacted.
This posting may be used to fill other similar positions within the RDCK over the next six months.
View Original Source Source