Company: Acre Lavande Farm Ltd.
Position: General Farm Worker
Salary: $18 per hour
Hours: 40 hours per week
Employment type: full time, permanent
Work Locations: 939 Raven Road, Cortes Island, BC Canada V0P 1K0 We are an organic lavender farm combines with vegetable and fruit as well as boutique lavender handicrafts. Our farm grows 5 acres of lavender, 0.7 acre organic vegetables and 0.3 acre fruits (apples and pears). Our products include edible lavender for dishes, organic vegetables, apples, pears, lavender essential oil, lavender water, lavender soap, lavender salt powder, lavender hydrosol and eye masks. All acre lavender products are organic certified.
With our business expansion, we are looking for a full-time General Farm Worker to join our company, mainly responsible for taking care of our vegetables and fruit as well as doing some general work for the farm.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Plant, cultivate, tend, pick and collect vegetables and fruits;
• Using hand tools and farm machines;
• Sprays crops with organic chemicals to control weed growth, insects, fungus growth and diseases;
• Cut shrubs and grass;
• Pick weeds;
• Irrigates land for crop growth;
• Reports crop information and daily progress, report signs of insect or disease damage;
• Check product quality and prepare for the market；
• Remove debris on the property;
• Adhering to hygienic and sanitation policies and follow all safety regulations;
• Maintain and repair farm facilities, infrastructure, equipment, or other structures;
• Help harvests lavender by hand during harvest season;
• Help plan landscaping and other various things on the property;
• Performing other tasks as needed.
• Basic English proficiency is required
• Knowledge of farming is an asset
• 1 year of farm work experience is required
• Ability to handle heavy loads
• Physically demanding
• Ability to work outdoors throughout the shift
• Able to work under the sun
• Able to stand all day
• Not allergic to pollen
• Excellent hands-on skill
• Excellent personal hygiene
• Ability to repetitive tasks with a high level of quality
• Able to bend, walk, lift, crouch
• Able to work independently and as a team
How to apply:
Please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for interview.
View Original Source Source