Garage Service Advisor
Position Status: Full-Time Regular
Department: Human Resources and Corporate Services
Employee Group: GVRDEU
Location: Lake City Operations Centre, Burnaby
Salary Range/ Wage Rate: $2,814.40 bi-weekly plus 6.25% deferred compensation
Our Human Resources and Corporate Services Department is seeking a Garage Service Advisor who will coordinate maintenance appointments using a fleet maintenance program based in Microsoft Applications. This position will be responsible for generating and closing work orders, managing parts inventory and creating requisitions using our software systems.
You are a highly motivated task oriented individual who remains organized and focused on completing tasks from start to finish. You have excellent inter-personal skills for serving customers in person, on phone and by email along with strong Microsoft Excel and Outlook abilities.
This role: (The duties described hereunder are to be representative of the position and are not to be considered as all-inclusive.)
- Schedules and coordinates vehicle repairs and service using a computerized vehicle maintenance management system; enters, updates and retrieves service and repair information on all vehicles.
- Determines work priorities according to established guidelines, generates and closes work orders, ensures correct repair codes, description of work to be done and location of parts.
- Receives and processes vehicle daily pre trip forms; checks for noted deficiencies and repair requests, organizes and prioritizes identified repairs, generates work orders and forwards to garage staff;, arranges vehicle insurance renewals and other related tasks as requested.
- Receives and investigates complaints and inquiries related to garage operations and work requests; initiates action to resolve problems where feasible; explains repairs and options available.
- Coordinates with outside vendors for repairs such as warranty work on new vehicles, exhaust and tire replacement or repair, vehicle towing, hoist repairs, and other equipment repair and servicing work; checks for accuracy, codes, and approves all invoices for materials, supplies and work provided by outside vendors to the garage.
- Coordinates and schedules use of rental/lease vehicles for all departments; provides pricing and vehicle availability to departments on request; processes all invoices and paperwork pertaining to rental vehicles.
- Processes employee daily time cards, sick leave forms and leave requests; checks for correct codes and time and forwards to Supervisor for review and approval.
- Performs other related duties as required.
To be successful, you have:
- Completion of the 12th school grade supplemented by technical courses related to the work plus sound related experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Considerable knowledge of the departmental operations, procedures and regulations applicable to the work performed.
- Sound knowledge of mechanical repairs as related to the work performed.
- Sound knowledge of record keeping as related to the work performed.
- Sound knowledge of the computer applications and procedures applicable to the work performed, including MS Word, Excel and the computerized vehicle maintenance management system.
- Ability to assess and organize service and repair requests and to make decisions on priorities of work.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and to deal tactfully and diplomatically with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to prepare and maintain schedules, records, and reports related to the work manually and using a computer.
- Considerable knowledge of the GVRD’s safety policies, procedures and WCB regulations.
- Must participate in and develop Safe Work Procedures.
- Physically capable of performing the duties of the position.
- Ability to work shift work as required.
- Driver’s license for the Province of British Columbia.
Metro Vancouver embraces collaboration and innovation in providing sustainable regional services that contribute to a livable and resilient region and a healthy natural environment for current and future generations.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by October 13, 2020.
View Original Source Source