Fire Rescue Assistant
Opens January 14, 2021
Closes February 7, 2021
West Kelowna Fire rescue provides emergency services to the citizens of West Kelowna as well as regional rescue services for the R.D.C.O. The Fire Rescue Assistant provides administrative and clerical support to Fire Department staff leadership teams (Fire Chief, Assistant Chiefs, and Captains) as well as a dynamic group of firefighters and prevention personal.
The Assistant provides excellent customer service to internal and external Fire Department patrons with a particular emphasis on positive and efficient interactions with the public. Co-ordinates calls for service; receives and responds to telephone, email and counter enquiries from the public, contractors, other departments and outside agencies; provides information, takes messages and directs enquiries to appropriate individuals.
Provides training support processing of course registrations, ordering training aids, and maintaining records of departmental training and related expenses. Performs a variety of administrative tasks with a focus on record keeping. Prepares and maintains service area records and statistics; assists in the administration of recruitment and new hire procedures; data entry of timesheets and updates policy manuals, distribution lists and forms.
Our ideal candidate:
- Post-secondary education course in a certificate program from a recognized institution, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- A minimum of 2 years related experience; preferably in Fire Services with (FDM/Target Solutions/Humanity Scheduling knowledge;
- Canadian Red Cross Emergency First Aid & CPR C (or equivalent 8 hour course);
- Working knowledge of applicable Provincial and/or Federal codes, regulations, acts and standards, as well as City bylaws;
- Knowledge and comprehension of the department’s operation, services, programs and activities and of outside agencies as necessary to assume assigned responsibilities;
- Keyboarding speed of 55 wpm;
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Check It and I am Responding systems would be an asset;
- Produce business correspondence with an ability to proofread for grammar, spelling, and punctuation with a high degree of accuracy;
- Strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills – both verbal and written;
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality;
- Detail orientated with strong organizational skills;
- Ability to work well in a diverse multi-task environment;
- Ability to work under pressure and in high stress situations;
- Ability to work alone and make decisions independently, perform clerical and administrative tasks with supervision as required from Manager and is permitted considerable independence of action and judgement within established City policies and procedures. Only non-conformance and complex policy issues are referred to a direct supervisor for action/review;
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License;
Pay $32.19/hr @ 21hr/wk, M-F
View Original Source Source