Financial Planning Lead
Regular Full Time
One of BC’s Top Employers, the City of Coquitlam offers meaningful career opportunities to make a difference within the local community. As the sixth largest city in BC, we are home to more than 150,000 residents. Our diverse municipality is a great place to work as it continues to grow through innovative urban design, inspiring arts, culture and recreation programs, and state-of-the-art transportation systems. Our brand is built on managing our resources in a responsible and sustainable manner, while supporting a vibrant, growing regional urban centre. We envision a bright future in Coquitlam that we hope includes you!
The City of Coquitlam has a great opportunity to join the Finance team as Financial Planning Lead. Reporting to the Manager of Financial Planning, this role will lead work associated with city-wide financial planning, analysis, forecasting, annual budgeting and business case analysis.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading and coordinating the preparation of the City’s annual Five Year Financial Plan including operating and capital budgets
- Assisting and advising client departments in preparing annual budget submissions
- Developing, implementing and maintaining a variety of financial models, schedules and working papers
- Developing financial and business analysis to support decision making related to a variety of City initiatives
- Providing leadership and direction to team members
- Assessing risks and opportunities in areas of responsibility and participating in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, standards and systems to optimize process effectiveness and service delivery
- Undertaking special projects and assignments as required
The ideal candidate will have 5 years of related experience, will be able to work well under pressure, can exercise considerable independent judgment and action, manage multiple competing demands at once, build and maintain strong working relationships and work collaboratively in a team setting. These attributes will be matched with a degree in Business, Commerce or a related discipline; Professional Accounting Designation and have considerable experience in financial planning/reporting and accounting preferably in a public sector setting. Previous supervisory experience is considered an asset.
Good people make Coquitlam great, sign up for career alerts through our recruitment portal to stay up to date about opportunities within our team, or follow us on LinkedIn to learn more about how #YouCouldWorkHere too!
The City offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. Applicants under consideration will be required to undergo a police security clearance evaluation.
Please apply online at www.coquitlam.ca/careers by 11:55 pm on March 5, 2021.
The City of Coquitlam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
View Original Source Source