Village of Clinton
The Village of Clinton is a small community in south central British Columbia and is located near Kamloops, Vancouver and Prince George. The community is situated north of the TransCanada Highway (Cache Creek) on Highway 97. The vast number of lakes and trails in the area make for an inviting playground for any outdoor enthusiast. Clinton’s relaxing lifestyle and low cost of living is well suited for anyone looking for a rural lifestyle.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Financial Services, the Finance Clerk will be responsible for a variety of elementary accounting and moderately complex clerical work and will perform duties related to receiving, recording, balancing and processing receipts for a variety of payments as well as providing information and assistance to the public on inquiries relating to fees, charges, accounts and taxes. In addition, you will also be responsible for payroll duties, process accounts payable, maintain databases, produce reports, and may assist in implementing enhancements to computerized systems. The role will also support the Administrative Assistant when needed.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Grade 12 or equivalent supplemented with bookkeeping or accounting courses and related experience
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices.
- Strong software skills and the ability to learn new software programs quickly.
- Familiarity with Muniware accounting software
- Experience in a local government setting is an asset
- Clear communication skills, both verbal and written
- Exceptional customer service skills and superior problem-solving abilities in order to deal effectively with the public and Village staff.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to pass and maintain a clear Police Information Check.
- Flexibility and an ability to multi-task
The position offers a competitive salary based on a thirty-five hour week with a full range of benefits.
The Village of Clinton sincerely thanks all interested applicants however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Resumes will be accepted until 4:30 pm Friday, November 06, 2020 by Murray Daly, CAO at: firstname.lastname@example.org
View Original Source Source