Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
Temporary, Full Time (2 year assignment)
NO. OF POSITIONS:
CUPE, Local 387
HOURS OF WORK:
35 hours/week, Monday – Friday*
$46,240 to $54,294 annually (2019 rates) + benefits
The Finance Department is seeking a customer service focused and team oriented Finance Clerk to join their team! In this role, you will be responsible for a variety of elementary accounting and moderately complex clerical work and will perform duties related to receiving, recording, balancing and processing receipts for a variety of payments as well as providing information and assistance to the public on inquiries relating to fees, charges, accounts and taxes. In addition, you will also process accounts payable, maintain databases, produce reports and may assist in implementing enhancements to computerized systems. This work involves the use of customized software (Northstar and Tempest) to assist with updating customer information system and billing and adjustments. The Finance Clerk assists with preparing and coordinating meter readings with the City’s Meter Readers and will also provide assistance to the Senior Billing Clerk as required.
If you have the following skills and qualifications, we want to hear from you!
- Grade 12 supplemented by commercial and bookkeeping courses and sound related experience.
- Considerable knowledge of account classification and cash register operations.
- Sound knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, business English and arithmetic.
- Sound knowledge of the practices and procedures used in the operation of computer systems and office equipment as related to the work performed.
- Strong software skills and the ability to learn new software programs quickly. Experience in using Northstar, JD Edwards and Tempest would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices.
- Ability to make arithmetic calculations and maintain and balance accounts and ledgers with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to perform a variety of clerical and cashiering tasks with minimal supervision.
- Possess exceptional customer service skills and superior problem solving abilities in order to deal effectively with the public and city staff.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to pass and maintain a clear Police Information Check.
*This position is eligible to participate in a Compressed Day Off program.
Apply by sending your resume quoting competition #20-69 by October 30, 2020 to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: (604)527-4619 or e-mail to email@example.com.
The City of New Westminster welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
View Original Source Source