Finance Clerk #251
Closing Date: January 18, 2021
An exciting and challenging opportunity exists for a Temporary, Full-Time Finance Clerk with the City of Kamloops until approximately March 1, 2022 or return of incumbent! This position involves answering inquiries; verifying records and identifying and investigating discrepancies; balancing and reconciling; receiving, posting, and balancing payments; preparing bank deposits; preparing, inputting, and verifying data; making adjustments; and preparing correspondence.
Typical Duties of this position include:
- Answers public and departmental inquiries that require either knowledge of specifics or searching files to provide the information and to take appropriate action.
- Verifies documents and records for completeness, authorization, and accuracy; identifies and investigates discrepancies; checks for duplication; and processes documents on receipt.
- Establishes and maintains files and records as required.
- Balances, reconciles, and adjusts accounts.
- Receives, prepares, inputs, and processes data (such as payroll, revenue, accounts payable, procurement, and budget and planning data).
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Completion of senior secondary school or its equivalent.
- Completion of one year of post-secondary education in a business or accounting focused program that includes completion of at least one accounting course.
- Proficient in basic Word and basic Excel as demonstrated through testing (70% pass rate required).
- Proficient in alphanumeric data entry, as demonstrated through testing.
- Minimum three months’ previous finance experience that includes accounting functions.
For new hires, and for those working in designated positions of trust, including those working directly with vulnerable persons, no formal offer of employment will be made until an applicant completes a police information check.
A comprehensive benefits package is included with this position.
CUPE Inside 6
Hours & Days of Work
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (summer)
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (winter)
Hours per Week
City of Kamloops -> Corporate Services -> Financial Services
January 18, 2021
External job postings are open to everyone. We accept applications online only; be sure to carefully read the application instructions for each job you apply to.
We are an equal opportunity employer and thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that persons with disabilities who require assistance with the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (250) 828-3439.
View Original Source Source