Requisition ID: 30975
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
The Finance and Performance Measurement Financial Analyst I is a part of a team of Finance and Performance Measurement Analysts in the City’s Centre of Expertise for Service Planning and Performance Measurement. Interfacing with key business leaders from client departments, the Financial Analyst I enables the City to leverage performance metrics to support strategic, operational and financial decisions as well as support service transformation by driving accountability, improving transparency and increasing value for money.
This role partners closely with other Corporate Support teams to foster a culture of data driven decision making across the city by working with client departments to increase data literacy, enable data exploration, and disseminate business intelligence tools and processes amongst end users.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports the City’s Service Planning process and Performance Measurement reporting by linking the Service Plans to performance metrics, budgets, Departmental work plans, and the Corporate Plan
- Develops, monitors and analyzes performance metrics, financial data and benchmarks to establish the cost efficiency and effectiveness of services
- Assists client departments in identifying opportunities to increase process accountability, transparency and value for money
- Provides data analysis and financial decision support which could include financial modelling, business analysis, and business case development
- Reviews the impact of major City decisions on service plans and performance
- Develops and tracks short term focus metrics to support continuous process improvement and improved service outcomes
- Proposes high value datasets for enablement through the City’s Enterprise Data Enablement process, building and deploying automated dashboards and reporting processes using business intelligence tools.
- Works with client departments to foster data literacy and user adoption of business intelligence tools and processes though end user support and training.
- Works with client departments to uncover and remediate data quality issues.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Business, Commerce, Business Analytics or a related discipline
- Masters of Business Analytics (MBAN), or Professional accounting designation (CPA), or Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Minimum 4-5 years of post-designation experience in performance measurement, data analytics, budgeting, and financial analysis
- Experience identifying performance measures to inform strategic decisions
- Experience in building highly complex financial and operational models
- Business intelligence experience, familiarity with data management, BI tools, data mining, designing reports and dashboards to facilitate evidence based effective decision making
- Extensive experience in strategically answering complex business problems through data analysis, scenario modeling and creative thinking
- Initiating business process improvements, supporting strategic decisions and change initiatives for a large organization
- Experience supporting and facilitating multi-stakeholder initiatives and engagements
- Experience with the creation and presentation of public information (formal/informal reports, other publications) as well as engagement involving a diverse range of stakeholders
- Proven ability to simultaneously manage multiple organizational priorities, projects, and deadlines
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of performance metrics, finance, and business concepts
- Strong business acumen and the ability to link financial and operational performance measures
- Proven ability to “connect the dots” and make strategic recommendations within the broad corporate context taking into consideration interdependencies among policies and initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to make sound judgments in a wide variety of complex situations with no established precedents
- Ability to create data models, measurements and dashboards using Business Intelligence tools such as Excel, PowerPivot, PowerQuery, Qlik Sense & Power BI
- Ability to perform complex financial modeling and scenario analysis
- Excellent communication and presentations skills with the ability to deliver complex concepts to both technical and non- technical audiences
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to represent and serve the City at all levels as well as interact with customers and clients outside the organization
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with ability to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities
- Superior research and analytical skills
- Problem-solving and issue resolution skills in a complex business environment
- Ability to maintain professionalism, objectivity, confidentiality, tact and diplomacy.
Business Unit/Department: Finance, Risk & Supply Chain Management (1150)
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Application Close Date: June 13, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. If you would like to be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity, please apply through our careers site.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
View Original Source Source