At Intact, insurance is not about things. It’s about people. It’s what we believe, and it shapes everything we do. It’s why we strive to provide a second-to-none experience for our customers and create an inspiring workplace for our employees to thrive in.
As Canada’s largest provider of property and casualty insurance, we’re not only leading our industry, but we’re redefining what it means to work for it. As a recognized top employer, we’re committed to living our values and supporting our dedicated people who bring their best to work each day because they know their work matters.
We’re looking for a Field Property Claims Specialist – Level 2 to join our growing team!
As a Field Property Claims Specialist – Level 2, you will be responsible for the inspection of large loss property damage claims. This will be primarily achieved through onsite inspections. The successful candidate will provide quality service, ensure prompt, quality of work and equitable settlement of claims in line with corporate policies and standards.
Here are a few ways you’ll make a difference:
- Conduct field inspections to evaluate property damage and determine replacement or restoration requirements.
- Create detailed scopes of work and repair specifications and appraisals on large loss claims.
- Design building replacement evaluations.
- Review property damage and restoration estimates to ensure compliance with Intact standards.
- Oversee and manage the competitive bids process from contractors on major losses.
- Monitor progress of repairs and ensure service levels are maintained. Review all job changes and supplemental cost requests.
- Inspect any workmanship issues after repair completion.
- Maintain current knowledge of insurance products as well as appraisal and restoration techniques and services. Identify needs for process improvement and recommend changes to policies or procedures to maintain quality service.
- Assist in mentoring and training claims personnel in construction, restoration and estimating techniques.
- Collaborate and communicate effectivity with contractors and claims departments.
- 5+ years related experience in property claims or the disaster restoration industry.
- Comprehensive knowledge of mitigation (IICRC), construction, and repair procedures.
- Proficient in software packages for estimating (Xactimate; XactAnalysis, Excel) and able to navigate through multiple systems.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Ability to travel regularly and on short notice to large loss claims as they occur.
- Effective verbal communication skills with experience in interviewing, coaching, and managing clients and written communication skills to draft claims reports.
- Takes initiative and exercises independent thinking.
- Ability to quickly change in an ever-evolving business and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment towards self-development (i.e. CIP participation).
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team:
- An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work.
- Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career.
- Flexibility in how and where you work.
- A comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success.
- An extensive, flexible benefits package.
- A Company vehicle will be provided.
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan where we match 50% of net shares purchased.
- A casual ‘dress for your day’ culture that encourages you to be yourself.
- A $350 annual wellness account that promotes an active lifestyle.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That’s why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
Before receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to a background check if it’s a requirement for the role. This may include: verifying work references, validating education and credentials, employment verification, identity checks, reviewing credit reports, as well as criminal and driving record checks.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
This posting closes on May 17, 2021 at 11:59PM EST.
View Original Source Source