Facility Operator III
October 14, 2020
We are the third largest regional district in BC and deliver over 100 services to six municipalities and eight electoral areas. Our region covers more than 13,000 km2 stretching from Hatzic Prairie to Boston Bar. We have an exciting opportunity to work at our Recreation Centre located in Hope, BC which features the Dan Sharrers Aquatic Centre, fitness and cardio rooms, an arena, and various multi-purpose rooms. If you love working with your hands and providing excellent customer service, then you should check us out.
As a Facility Operator III at the FVRD you will be responsible for assisting with facility operation and maintenance of our Recreation Centre. In this position, the successful candidate must be available for shifts within the 24 hour operation of the facility inclusive of evenings, weekends and some holidays. A typical week could see you performing regular plant and facility checks; operating the refrigeration and ice making equipment; setting up and tearing down for special events such as Canada Day celebrations; helping to maintain the cleanliness of the facility by performing janitorial duties; assisting the Facility Maintenance Coordinator with minor capital projects such as sourcing a new score clock for the arena, new lane ropes for the pool, or finding the best floor machine within budget; enforcing the rules and regulations of the facility during public events; and providing assistance to the public and the user groups that use the recreation complex.
We offer a positive, supportive, team-based work environment with an emphasis on collaboration. We believe in lifelong learning and are committed to providing and supporting training and professional development opportunities for our staff. If you have a positive, can-do attitude and a keen sense of humour, you will fit right in. Bring your positive energy, ambition and desire to learn, and we`ll take care of the rest.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- BC safety Authority Fifth Class Power Engineer Certificate (refrigeration);
- Prefer a minimum of three years’ experience in a maintenance/janitorial environment, and preferably in a recreation or educational facility;
- Have, or be willing and able to obtain BCRPA Pool Operator’s Certificate (Level II);
- Have or be willing and able to obtain RFABC Ice Maker’s Training Course Certificate;
- Basic knowledge of conditions, water filters, refrigeration and other mechanical equipment and machinery;
- Ability to operate ice resurface machine, ice edger and other related arena and pool equipment;
- Good customer service skills and the ability to exhibit courtesy, tact and diplomacy, and remain professional in dealing with the public;
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively; and
- Must possess a valid Driver’s Licence.
The wage rate for this full-time union position is $25.34 per hour plus a comprehensive benefits package. Upon successful completion of the required probationary period the wage will increase to $28.16 per hour.
If this opportunity excites you, and you want to contribute to a positive work environment, we want to hear from you. Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter, indicating how you meet the qualifications. Please quote Competition #2020-50 and send, in confidence, by 4:30 p.m. on Nov 13, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail (the latest review of applications will begin immediately), to:
Human Resources Department
Fraser Valley Regional District
45950 Cheam Avenue
Chilliwack, BC V2P 1N6
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
View Original Source Source