Facilities Maintenance Engineer
The West Vancouver Facilities and Assets Department has an opening for a permanent full-time Facilities Maintenance Engineer. This is technical work primarily involving the operation, maintenance and repair of stationary equipment in District facilities. In addition, the work includes the manufacture and maintenance of new ice arena surfaces pool operations and all aquatic features, miscellaneous custodial building maintenance tasks, and assisting with technical and trades work in other District facilities. The incumbent will have responsibility for supervising one or more facilities maintenance staff. The preferred candidate will possess:
- Considerable knowledge of operating principles, methods, materials, tools and equipment used in the maintenance and repair of a variety of stationary equipment
- Considerable knowledge of ammonia refrigeration systems
- Ability to operate and monitor computerized building control systems, including DDC and lighting controls
- Considerable knowledge and experience in aquatic and arena facilities and maintenance, installation and removal of ice surfaces
- Considerable experience in providing guidance, leadership, and direction to maintenance staff
- Considerable experience coordinating with staff and public on events and scheduling
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Sound knowledge of building maintenance and cleaning tasks
- Sound knowledge of the safety precautions necessary in the operation of related maintenance equipment in a public environment
- Ability to develop and implement a schedule of inspections, maintenance and repairs to a variety of equipment
- Ability to prepare and maintain records, requisition parts, and maintain and store a small inventory
- Ability to work independently and with a minimum of supervision, and
- performing other related duties as required
This position requires graduation from senior secondary school or equivalent, supplemented by technical courses in the operation and repair of stationary equipment as well as building maintenance courses; plus sound related experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience. A 4th Class Power Engineer Certificate (or equivalent) is required as well as a Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia.
The successful candidate will be required to supply a Police Information Check and a copy of their credentials.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licenses and certificates required of candidates. For details please refer to the Class Specification which is available for inspection in the Human Resources Department or on WestNet.
Union (WVMEA) – Permanent Full-Time
Hours of Work:
40 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
Rate of Pay:
11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, February 3, 2021
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Centre at westvancouver.ca/careers to apply
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
View Original Source Source