Executive Assistant to the Chief Administrative Officer and Board
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday 8:30 – 4:30
Posted until filled
Encompassing an unparalleled geographic region in the heart of British Columbia, the Thompson-Nicola Regional District (TNRD) offers the best of both worlds. Urban life within vibrant communities and outlying rural regions that showcase the region’s beauty – pristine but rugged mountains, rolling grasslands, lush evergreen forests and both historic and modern areas, all within approximately 45,000 square kilometres. Headquartered in the City of Kamloops, the TNRD provides a wide range of local government services to a population of 130,000 located within its 11 diverse municipalities and 10 electoral areas.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) and under limited supervision, the Executive Assistant provides confidential support to the TNRD Chair, Board of Directors and Chief Administrative Officer (CAO). As a member of the Senior Management team, your multi-tasking and initiative talents are evident as you effectively coordinate all of the various demands, requests and projects on behalf of the CAO’s Office and the Board of Directors. As a representative of the CAO’s office, you will facilitate communications, information flow and working relationships with both internal and external contacts. Your proactive nature creates an ability to anticipate needs and somehow you find a way to be a step ahead of those that you are supporting. Utilizing exceptional business writing skills, you prepare confidential and general correspondence on behalf of the Board and the CAO, and draft reports on behalf of the CAO for presentation to the Board. Through development of positive relationships and demonstration of a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality, you take a strong role in positively representing the organization and the CAO office internally and externally.
Education and Experience
You must have:
- A degree in business administration, or a relevant diploma combined with a Local Government Administration Certificate
- At least five years of recent, related administration experience supporting senior management
- A combination of education and experience may be considered
- Experience working in a local government environment
- Experience working with Civic Web and iCompass
You must have the following Skills and Abilities:
- A high degree of attention to detail
- Exceptional business writing skills
- Remarkable interpersonal and communication skills, specifically a demonstrated ability to proactively develop mutually beneficial working relationships with internal and external contacts
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to independently manage and adjust competing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Possess diplomacy, tact and good judgement in recognizing scope of authority and in understanding how to process and manage confidential and sensitive documents and information
- Strong political sensitivity and understanding of elected official roles and responsibilities
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to proactively anticipate needs
- A high level of proficiency in office software, including:
- Advanced knowledge of Outlook, including calendar management, sharing contacts, creating groups, etc
- Advanced knowledge of Word, including mail merges, indexes, table of contents, utilizing styles, tracking changes, etc
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, including linking workbooks, creating formulas, worksheet/workbook protection, etc
- Basic knowledge of Powerpoint, including creating presentations, animations, slide transitions, creating charts and diagrams, etc
- Ability to schedule and moderate online meetings using multiple platforms including Zoom, Teams, etc
- Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule, with occasional work outside of regular hours, or occasional out of town travel for work related meetings, events, etc
The TNRD provides an extensive benefits package and a competitive pension plan. The annual salary range for this position is $70,523 to $77,987 ($38.75 – $42.85 per hour).
Please email your application to email@example.com quoting Competition No. 2021-001
Resumes will be reviewed upon receipt and the position will be filled when a qualified applicant is found.
Applications must include a cover letter and a resume outlining your qualifications and experience.
Working together, we provide exceptional public service in a supportive, flexible environment
Thank you for considering the Thompson-Nicola Regional District as a place to share your talents!
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
View Original Source Source