Fraser Basin Council
Executive Assistant, Council Governance
Commensurate with relevant work experience plus a comprehensive benefits package
The Fraser Basin Council (FBC) is seeking a highly organized and experienced Executive Assistant (EA) with well-developed interpersonal, organizational and communications skills. Based in Vancouver, the key responsibilities of the position are to provide day-to-day support to ensure the integrity of the Council’s governance framework with respect to its ongoing governance responsibilities by providing administrative support to the Board of Directors, Board and Program Committees, Annual General Meetings of the Society and Staff meetings as well as providing administrative support to the Council’s two FBC senior executives.
The successful candidate will have strong organizational, relationship-building, communications, listening and discussion reporting skills and be very comfortable working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking working environment. We are looking for a technology-saavy ‘people person’ who is skilled at, and comfortable with, interacting in a highly professional and diplomatic manner with individuals from all walks of life, from executive government, corporate, indigenous and civic leaders to members of the public.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
Executive Support to the Board, Society Membership, Executive Team, Management and Staff
- Support meeting organization, planning, communications and reporting
- Monitor and support compliance with the BC Society’s Act and with other statutory and regulatory requirements
- Monitor whether actions and decisions from Board of Directors, Society, Staff and other committee meetings have been carried out, and follow-up as appropriate
- Maintain and keep up to date Board Directors and Society Membership appointment and expiration dates
- Assist with information technology needs as required (e.g., document production support)
- Manage participant outreach and registration
- Assist in the development of agendas, briefing materials and other meeting-related materials for Board and Board Committee meetings, AGM’s and Staff meetings and ensure their timely dissemination
- Take notes at meetings and produce minutes and/or discussion summaries
- Respond to issues that may emerge during meetings
- Follow up with participants on deadlines and commitments per meeting briefing notes, summaries and records of decisions.
- Manage the orderly storage and easy access to meeting-related and other key documents/correspondence, as directed.
Support to the CEO and Executive Vice President (EVP)
- Provide administrative support (e.g. scheduling, etc.) to the CEO and EVP.
Qualities, Skills and Qualifications
Desirable Qualities, Skills and Qualifications
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent writing skills including a comprehensive English vocabulary, good grammar and the ability to synthesize, summarize and convey information clearly and succinctly
- Well-developed note-taking skills, including minimum 40 wpm typing ability, active listening skills and an ability to capture the essence of discussions in real-time along with key agreements, actions, decisions, responsibilities and timelines
- Advanced proficiency in the use of: Microsoft platforms and tools such as Microsoft 365, OneDrive, Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint; various web-based calendars such as Google and Apple Calendar and online meeting platforms such as Zoom, Webex and Microsoft Teams
- Professional image combined with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate well verbally and in writing in a highly professional and diplomatic manner with senior decision-makers and other individuals, both internally (Directors, Society Members and staff) and externally
- Skilled at careful and thorough preparation and editing of correspondence and reports
- Resourceful, with the ability to determine priorities, multitask and meet deadlines, at times with minimal supervision
- Willingness to work in a role that requires high degree of flexibility in terms of rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to show sound judgement, discretion and diplomancy in all situations
- Comfortable and skilled at working with a multi-disciplinary team of colleagues
- Ability to establish a high level of rapport with Board Chair and Directors, management and staff.
- Post-secondary diploma /certification related to executive assistance, corporate secretary and/or office administration roles
- Familarity and/or experience in the sustainability field or topics related to sustainabiliy (e.g., economics, life sciences, indigenous affairs, social issues) would be considered an asset.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience supporting multiple senior executives in a fast-paced dynamic environment, in a Senior Executive Assistant or similar role
- Previous experience in an office administration function reporting to senior management.
About the Fraser Basin Council
The Fraser Basin Council is a non-profit society that advances sustainability in British Columbia, including the Fraser Basin. Established in 1997, the Council is a collaboration of four orders of government (Federal, Provincial, Local and First Nations) and those from the private sector and civil society. FBC helps bring people together to find solutions to sustainability issues, and works on such issues as flood management, climate change action and adaptation, air quality, green fleets, sustainable watersheds and fisheries, and sustainability reporting and education. For more information about FBC, please visit our website.
FBC offers a comprehensive employee beneifts package which includes medical, dental and insurance coverage, an RRSP contribution matching program and professional development support.
To ensure staff safety and in compliance with the BC Ministry of Health recommendations for social distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic, staff have the option of working remotely from home and / or working from the office where social distancing and other guidelines are in place.
FBC is commited to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be given consideration regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation and disabiities. Applications from members of marginizalized communities are encouraged.
Please submit your resume and cover letter as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until February 11, 2021 (5:00 PM PST).
While we are grateful for all applications submitted, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.
View Original Source Source