Excel Specialist (Short-Term)
North Vancouver Recreation & Culture (NVRC) is dedicated to building healthy individuals, families and communities. We offer a wide range of recreation and cultural programs and services to residents of all ages and abilities.
NVRC is seeking a Microsoft Excel expert for a contract employment opportunity. For this role, you need to have a strong understanding of Microsoft Excel, with expert proficiency in pivot tables, conditional formatting, VBA, forecast & trend tools.
Key Competencies and Areas of Responsibility:
- Build tools for presenting and analyzing participation data from recreation program and membership database.
- The product of the tools will be a dashboard and customized reports based on the data provided in CSV or excel format
- The tool must provide the ability to input data from the registration system with selections of what is to be shown in the report
- The database source data will be exported in CSV or excel format
- Tool must be tested by Excel expert to ensure good working order for field testing
- Implement changes from field testing
- The Excel specialist needs to:
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively, providing regular feedback and using initiative to ensure optimal results
- Think outside the box when solving complex Excel challenges
- Instill confidence in their ability to perform and meet agreed deadlines
- Approach projects with a clear and methodical plan
Your expertise will include:
- Expert knowledge and experience with the following:
- Excel Worksheets
- Advanced Charting
- Advanced Formulae
- Tool Bars
- INDEX + MATCH
- Conditional Formatting
- PIVOT Tables & PIVOT Reporting
- VBA & Macros
- Data Tables, Simulations & solver
- Functions for data cleaning and manipulation: Concatenation, LEN, Find & Replace, Filter & Sort, Conditional Formatting, Index Match, Remove Duplicates, Logic Functions, IfError, Short-Cut
- Ability to write Macros, advanced formulas and work with key stakeholders to ensure the customized dashboard and reports meet business need
- Understanding of the process of building and testing the Excel tool
- Understanding of how data spreadsheets relate to the dashboard and customized reports is essential
- Experience with analysis and interpretation of complex data
- The ability to work independently and to adhere to agreed deadlines
- Strong computer proficiency and work experience in Microsoft Windows environments
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Manage priorities and time appropriately
- Excellent organizational skills
Additional experience and knowledge:
- Previous work or knowledge of sales and/or participation data analysis is preferred
- Knowledge of public community recreation industry is an asset
The contract will be for a set number of hours over an approximate 6-week period. Additional projects may be offered after the successful completion of the contract.
This contract offers flexibility in hours and the ability to work remotely.
As per candidate’s experience
February 10, 2021
APPLY ONLINE AT:
We thank you for your interest in employment with North Vancouver Recreation & Culture and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
View Original Source Source