EQUIPMENT OPERATOR III (SKID STEER LOADER OPERATOR)
(Replacement Temporary, Full-Time)
West Vancouver is a vibrant community on the North Shore and home to parks, sport amenities, public beaches and over 100 kilometres of urban and wilderness trails. We are looking for employees that have a passion for public service and strive to make a difference. Our dedicated staff deliver services, operate facilities and run the programs vital to our community. Be part of our team.
The District of West Vancouver Utilities Construction Department has an exciting opportunity for a replacement temporary, full-time Equipment Operator III. An Equipment Operator III operates and maintains heavy mobile equipment of a complex nature in accordance to competency standards, safety practices, regulations as well as performing manual work. The successful candidate must be skilled in the operation and use of Bobcat skid steers. Knowledge and use of rubber tire backhoes (primarily John Deere controls), excavators and front end loaders would also be considered an asset.
The Equipment Operator III performs the following duties:
- Operating a Bobcat skid steer;
- ability to operate a backhoe, excavator and other equipment in a variety of tasks including the maintenance and construction of water, sewer, and drainage assets (operational controls are primarily John Deere with some equipment having the CAT control options);
- performing a variety of utilities construction maintenance duties using the assigned equipment, which may include the usage of backhoes, excavators, front-end loaders, skid steers, etc. with various attachments;
- washing, cleaning and service repairs (add fluid, adjust brakes, replace bulbs, etc.) to equipment;
- performing daily equipment inspections and submitting inspection reports;
- providing significant manual labour assistance on various tasks where required;
- ongoing mentoring and training and;
- performing other duties as required.
The preferred candidate will possess considerable experience in the operation of various equipment as applied to general utilities construction and maintenance work; ability to operate equipment in congested conditions; knowledge and experience digging around other underground utilities like gas and electrical; knowledge of safe operational procedures and the precautions necessary to avoid accidents or machine damage; the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; and, mechanical aptitude along with adequate physical stamina to perform assigned duties in all types of weather.
The successful candidate has: graduated from senior secondary school; three years of related experience in the operation of skid steers, backhoes and excavators. A valid Class 1 or 3 Drivers’ License with air brake endorsement will be considered an asset.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licences and certificates required of candidates. For details please refer to the Class Specification which is available for inspection in the Human Resources Department or on WestNet.
WVMEA (Union) – Replacement Temporary, Full-Time
Hours of Work:
40 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
Rate of Pay:
$33.07 per hour
11:59 p.m. on Sunday February 21, 2021
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Centre at westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position. Please note that all candidates must apply through the Career Centre.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
View Original Source Source