Equipment Operator III – Civic Operations #233
Closing Date: December 17, 2020
An exciting and challenging opportunity exists for multiple Temporary, Full-Time Equipment
Operator III’s – Civic Operations with the City of Kamloops! The successful candidates perform semi-skilled equipment operation work of a relatively complex nature under the limited supervision of the Operations Supervisor or Crew Leader – Operations. Work involves the safe driving, operation, routine maintenance, and lubrication of large mobile equipment, including single-axle and tandem trucks and garbage/recycling trucks, and the changing of attachments used in municipal road construction and maintenance.
Typical duties of this position include:
- Operating equipment in a safe and efficient manner, mainly on municipal public streets and rights- of-way.
- Driving garbage trucks on city streets and lanes.
- Operating mobile equipment on public streets.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Completion of senior secondary school or its equivalent.
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence – Class 3 with air brake endorsement or equivalent.
- Minimum of six months’ previous experience in the operation of large mobile equipment (tandem), servicing and maintenance of similar equipment, and machines engaged in work in municipal streets settings.
This is a temporary position until approximately September 30, 2021.
For new hires, and for those working in designated positions of trust, including those working directly with vulnerable persons, no formal offer of employment will be made until an applicant completes a police information check.
Note that more than one may be hired.
Refer to Articles 19(g) and (h) in the City of Kamloops/CUPE 900 Collective Agreement regarding Benefit Allowance and Eligibility.
CUPE Outside 9
Hours & Days of Work
7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (Summer);
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Winter)
Winter Shifts (from approximately November to May each year):
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.;
4:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.;
12:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
12 hour winter weekend standby shifts required.
SOLID WASTE HOURS:
6:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Hours per Week
City of Kamloops -> Civic Operations -> Streets & Environmental Services
December 17, 2020
External job postings are open to everyone. We accept applications online only; be sure to carefully read the application instructions for each job you apply to.
We are an equal opportunity employer and thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that persons with disabilities who require assistance with the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (250) 828-3439.
View Original Source Source