As a Equipment Maintenance Technician/Field Service Professional you will maintain a variety of light industrial equipment found in Home Depot retail locations, such as paint shakers, carpet carousels, saws and lifts. Reporting to the Regional Services Equipment Manager, you must be a self-starter, eager to “hit the road” and derive great satisfaction in getting customer’s equipment up and running. Using assigned company vehicle, provide maintenance and repairs in various locations in an assigned region. The hours for this position are based on maintenance needs and will vary.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Be available and accessible by phone and tablet daily as required
· Maintain, troubleshoot and service light industrial equipment both mechanically and electrically
· Troubleshoot, adapt, and resolve/repair all issues to keep equipment functioning properly
· Test each system after service/repair is complete to ensure the system is functioning properly
· Perform proper inspection of customer system to prevent future issues
· Explain each service and repair performed to customers
· Use sound judgment to deal with and eliminate safety related issues
· Provide detailed and clear service reports, turning them in daily
· Read mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical schematics as required
· Use tablet applications for word processing, modify Excel spreadsheets, inventory control and reporting
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Working conditions may include working indoors and outdoors in cold, hot, damp and dusty areas.
Typically requires overnight travel 5% – 10% of the time.
The Home Depot Canada
View Original Source Source