We are a small environmental consulting business with a primary focus on soil testing and reporting. Our small but busy office on Commercial Drive in Vancouver requires a competent, reliable, and enthusiastic entry level/junior soil technician/ environmental consultant to join our team on a full time basis. You will enjoy a balance of field work
and office work while learning about the environmental field and specifically about the BC Contaminated Sites Regulation.
We work with an established network of contractors while also creating relationships with new contractors and clients daily. We are looking for a personable, confident, and outgoing addition to our team who is comfortable communicating with people and who is eager to learn and develop their career in the environmental field.
– Coordinating with our Principal and Office Manager to conduct field work throughout the Lower Mainland. Our work sites consist primarily of single-family residential lots but also include larger commercial properties under construction. You will be working around excavators of various sizes and other construction machinery.
– Field work consists of coordinating with contractors and directing them to assist you with collecting soil samples, directing contractors in soil investigations and remediation programs, conducting onsite field testing of soils, and transporting soil samples to the laboratory.
– During field work visits, we will require that you record accurate and detailed field notes and at times meet with clients to explain our work programs, costs, applicable regulations and retrieve contact information to relay to our Office Manager.
– Office work consists primarily of drafting and finalizing environmental reports that summarizes our field work and associated project findings. Preparation of reports includes interpreting and tabling laboratory results, completing required government paperwork, and using Adobe Acrobat to revise report figures.
– Office work also includes corresponding with and relaying information to clients, contractors and municipalities.
– Providing office support in times when the Office Manager is not available (such as time off for holidays). This would consist of managing day to day office administration duties such as answering the telephone, responding to emails, preparing reports, forms, proposals, contracts, and general correspondence, data entry and spread sheet maintenance.
– Completion of a post-secondary program related to the environmental field.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate must be comfortable speaking with clients and contractors in person and over the telephone. Also, they must be competent in composing emails and other correspondence. Please note that due to the nature of this position, the successful candidate will need to be fluent in English.
– Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills with especially strong attention to detail.
– Flexible and adaptable to changing workloads.
– Willingness and ability to learn at a fast pace.
– Driver’s license and vehicle. Must be comfortable driving around the Lower Mainland.
– Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Word. Experience with Adobe Acrobat is an asset.
– Must be comfortable working closely with the Principal owner/operator.
– Must be comfortable working outdoors in inclement weather conditions.
– Previous leadership experience is an asset.
– Willingness to work beyond a normal 8 hour day (with compensation) on those rare occasions that overtime is required.
What We Can Offer You:
– Flexible full-time hours Monday to Friday with paid breaks and a casual dress code.
– Starting wage of $22 per hour with increase based on performance. Pay twice per month.
– One-on-one training.
– Allowance for Personal Protective Equipment and mileage.
– Bonuses based on performance.
– Vacation time.
– Paid sick time.
– Time off at Christmas if desired.
– Valuable experience while learning about the environmental field and building on your career.
– A supportive work place and a quiet and safe office environment in one of the most vibrant areas of Vancouver.
Please note that our staff is following Covid protocols. The new addition to our team will agree to also follow Covid protocols and will recognize that the safety of our staff, our families, and our contractors and clients always comes first. We are currently working primarily from home with some individual time in the office but we plan to shift back into the office once Covid subsides.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please send your resume with the subject line YES – I’m Interested in Joining Your Team to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will contact qualified applicants for interviews and we hope to hire for a start date of June 15th, 2021.
View Original Source Source