December 21, 2020
January 10, 2021
Province / State:
$38.20 – $41.15/Hour
The City of Port Moody is seeking a motivated Engineering Technologist to fill a temporary, full-time position until approximately April 30, 2021.
The Engineering Technologist provides engineering analysis, advice, design and technical support in the management and administration of the City’s Engineering & Operations department. This position works between office and site environment, liaising with City crews, contractors, consultants, developers, third party utility providers, as well as the public. This position leads or assists with managing projects of various scales, developing procedures, policies, and bylaws, writing and presenting reports. Duties may also include drafting, designing, and modelling, using engineering-related computer software and interpreting and summarizing recommendations based on the results.
- Diploma of Technology in Civil & Structural Engineering
- Registration as an AScT (Civil) with ASTTBC
- Minimum three years of related experience
- Strong knowledge of municipal engineering operations
- Proven experience with project management, including administering contracts, supervising construction, and managing budgets
- Ability to prepare, read and interpret plans, specifications, contract documents and experience interpreting and providing recommendations on professional reports, review of designs, City bylaws, and technical specifications
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including preparing public reports
- Computer skills, including CAD, GIS mapping systems, and Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Certification specific to the job duties, such as the International Municipal Signal Association certification, MMCD Contract Administrator certification, or other related certifications would be an asset
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to receipt of a satisfactory police information check and a satisfactory driver’s abstract.
The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an excellent benefits package as well as professional development opportunities.
View Original Source Source