Regular Full Time
One of BC’s Top Employers, the City of Coquitlam is the sixth largest city in BC, home to more than 150,000 residents. Our municipality continues to grow through innovative urban design, inspiring arts, culture and recreation programs, and state-of-the-art transportation systems. Our brand is built on managing our resources in a responsible and sustainable manner, while supporting a vibrant, growing regional urban centre.
We are seeking someone with excellent technical skills to assist our Utilities team to investigate and propose solutions to water, sewer and pavement system challenges. The work this position would be responsible for includes:
- Storm and sanitary flow monitoring
- Reviewing video inspection reports
- Carrying out data collection, compilation, conversion, organization, analysis, and reporting (such as flow data, condition assessment data)
- Setting out water leak detection routes, data retrieval and data analysis
- Implementing Inflow and Infiltration abatement program
- Reviewing storm and sanitary systems to identify deficiencies
- Programming water meter reading routes
- Carrying out hydraulic assessments of water, sewer and drainage systems.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong technical background supplemented by educational courses in Engineering Technology from a technical institute such as BCIT, Okanagan College, Camosun College or equivalent. A valid Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia or equivalent is required.
A CUPE hourly rate of $35.68 – $42.12 (2020 rates) is being offered, plus an excellent benefits package, and an earned day off program.
Applicants under consideration will be required to undergo a police security clearance evaluation.
Please apply online at www.coquitlam.ca/careers by 11:55 pm on October 9, 2020.
The City of Coquitlam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
View Original Source Source