District of Kitimat
Engineering Services Project Manager
Exempt Staff, Permanent Full Time
The District of Kitimat provides facilities and services that support a safe, connected, inclusive, healthy and dynamic community. We seek individuals who are collaborative, work with integrity and respect, and are innovative when it comes to the services we provide to our residents.
Located in Northwest BC, Kitimat is home to just over 8,000 people with a stable tax base and is experiencing growth from increased levels of industrial, residential, and commercial development.
We are surrounded by mountains, rivers, oceans and parks and our staff are able to enjoy a work- life balance with backyard access to many outdoor recreational activities such as biking, hiking, golf, skiing, boating and fishing. The Terrace-Kitimat Regional Airport is a 40 minute drive away with multiple daily direct flights to Vancouver and Prince George, perfect for a weekend getaway.
This is an exciting time to join the District, as we embark on a range of initiatives including replacement of Haisla Bridge and upgrading of the municipal water system.
Under the direction of the Director of Engineering Services, this position will assist in the effective delivery of engineering services and projects for the municipality.
- Participates in the design, preparation and approval of engineering standards and prepares and reviews project designs, technical reports and contract specifications for consulting services, equipment and construction
- Performs complex and varied engineering and project management work that may involve project design and management for large projects
- Makes recommendations on changes to services or equipment in Operations and Engineering Services to improve productivity including water supply and distribution systems, sanitary sewer collection and treatment, storm sewers and outfalls, roads, bridges, public buildings and properties and traffic control management
- Manages and maintains the municipal Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition System (SCADA)
- May work as a technical/specialist resource in the development of regulatory or government policy initiatives affecting the District
- Assists in the preparation of the department budget and monitors assigned budgets
- Assists in the development of operations policies and procedures
- Prepares and submits grant applications for municipal services
Civil Engineer eligible to practice in BC with five years of relevant municipal experience, or, a diploma in Civil Engineering, eligible for registration in ASTTBC and a minimum of seven years of relevant municipal experience
Membership or eligibility for immediate membership as a registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with the Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (EGBC)
Project Management Profession (PMP) certification is an asset
Knowledge of the relevant regulatory requirements of a municipality in relation to water, wastewater, building inspection and enforcement
Sound technical knowledge and the ability to understand and apply engineering principles and technical guidelines
Excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to explain difficult concepts Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and Project Class 5 BC Drivers License
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, professional development opportunities, complimentary use of our recreation facilities, relocation assistance and a rental subsidy.
At the District of Kitimat, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we serve, establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all.
Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process please email us at email@example.com and we will work with you on arranging an accommodation where possible that is suitable for your abilities.
To apply for this position, please submit a detailed resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:30 pm, February 19, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
View Original Source Source