One of the sunniest regions in BC’s Lower Mainland, Delta embraces three unique communities – Ladner, North Delta and Tsawwassen. The City of Delta is looking for dedicated individuals to join our team and share in our commitment to lead the way in public service excellence.
Engineering Programs Coordinator
The City of Delta is looking to fill a regular full time opportunity of Engineering Programs Coordinator. This is specialized administrative work of considerable complexity related to the development, implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of a variety of waste management programs within the Municipality. The work includes developing and implementing strategies, programs and events to promote awareness and participation by residential, commercial and industrial users throughout the Municipality and liaison with the general public, local service and community groups and a variety of contacts involved in the waste management and recycling industry. Programs can include source separation recycling, leaf collection and composting, liquid and hazardous waste, commercial and industrial waste recovery, water conservation, incentive funding and promotion. The incumbent exercises considerable independence of judgement and action in the monitoring and evaluation of waste management programs and activities. The work is reviewed by a superior and Council through verbal and written reports with respect to achieving program goals and objectives.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Thorough knowledge of recycling and environmental objectives, principles and practices relating to the residential, commercial and industrial sectors.
- Considerable knowledge of commercial and industrial business practices as they relate to recycling and waste management programs.
- Considerable knowledge of the City of Delta, its objectives and policies as they relate to waste management and recycling.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and techniques relating to the preparation and delivery of promotional, advertising and educational programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with internal and external contacts such as the Delta Recycling Society, contractors, Municipal staff, representatives of local business community, representatives of all levels of government, various community groups, and others.
- Ability to develop, implement, monitor and evaluate specific waste reduction programs and activities in order to achieve and further the goals and objectives of the City of Delta relative to waste management.
- Ability to develop, implement, monitor and evaluate promotional, educational and advertising programs in order to encourage awareness and participation by the general public, private and public sectors.
- Ability to prepare and maintain a variety of correspondence and reports related to the work.
- Ability to provide direction to seasonal employees.
The successful candidate will have a University degree in a related discipline such as environmental studies or biology, plus considerable related experience in the areas of recycling, public promotion, waste management and administration; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Valid Class 5 driver’s license for the Province of British Columbia is required.
The City of Delta provides a competitive salary of $38.73 – $45.73 per hour (commensurate with experience) and an excellent benefits package including Municipal Pension Plan as well as an earned-days-off system. Interested applicants are requested to apply online at www.delta.ca/employment, to competition number 20-114 EX by January 6, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those under consideration will be contacted. Preferred candidates will be required to submit a Police Information Check.
City of Delta
Attention: Human Resources
4500 Clarence Taylor Crescent,
Delta, BC V4K 3E2
View Original Source Source