One of BC’s 2021 Top Employers with millions of users around the world is looking for a rockstar Engineering Manager!
In this role you will be responsible for delivering new product features, creating backend systems, triaging issues, evaluating new technologies, and planning the strategic direction of the engineering team.
What will you do?
– Managing a cross functional team of 3-5 engineers ( full-stack, mobile, database, etc.)
– Establishing and managing project plans, timelines, schedules, team structure, resourcing, and communication both within and between teams
– Ensuring high quality and timely releases of features/products to market
– Increasing end to end efficiency of the software development life cycle and focusing team on delivery & quality
– Contributing to hands-on development effort
– Supporting the creation and ongoing communication of a technical vision
– Documenting system architecture and best practice processes
– Developing management systems for team’s domain
– Researching and advocating for the adoption of industry standard tools and technologies
– Fostering a sense of community amongst the team and within the larger Vancouver tech market
– Overseeing personnel management; evaluating individual and team performance
What does our ideal candidate look like?
– 2+ years experience managing people and projects (currently in an Engineering Manager role preferred)
– 7+ years programming experience
Demonstrable experience with Agile methodologies
– Strong project management skills
– Outstanding communication skills
– Experience with at least one client platform – Android, iOS, or React
– Experience with .net core and service-oriented architecture
– Commercial experience with consumer product development (B2C)
Excellent pay and benefits! Please reply to ad with your resume and cover letter.
View Original Source Source