Employee Engagement Specialist
Executive Services – Human Resources
$86,775 to $102,088 annually
Review of applications begins
4:00pm on January 25, 2021, but the position will remain open until filled.
This position participates in the development of and executes employment engagement strategies and initiatives with an aim to build internal understanding and adoption of the CRDs organizational priorities, cultural traits and the Organizational Development Plan (ODP) goals. The Specialist will translate our culture and business priorities in a manner that engages existing and potential employees.
Current areas of focus: Diversity and Inclusion- to oversee and champion an open and inclusive environment
Key Accountabilities / Position Outcomes
- Supports the design, development and implementation of programs to promote employee engagement through the identification of opportunities, interventions and initiatives.
- Mobilizes support for initiatives and establishes a shared understanding across the CRD through a variety of engagement methods.
- Develops and delivers compelling content that engages the internal audience.
- Develops communications and change management strategies to ensure the successful roll out of ODP actions and to raise the level of visibility and awareness of ODP initiatives and HR programs.
- Builds strong relationships to develop a deep understanding of the business and to increase awareness and understanding of initiatives as a critical corporate goal.
- Collaborates with other divisions, including Corporate Communication and works in partnership to drive strategic messaging and ensure brand integrity.
- Identifies and responds to emerging topics and issues that impact employees and brings forward suggestions to address.
- Creates and maintains tool kits, forms and other tools to support ODP goals.
- Develops social media content to reach potential employees through employee features, job spotlights and stories that reflect our vision and mandate.
- Engages with employees through change management strategies, focus groups and training opportunities.
- Prepares presentations and reports to provide the Executive Leadership Team with the qualitative and quantitative data needed to make decisions.
- Assesses and contributes to enhancements related to employee engagement and the ODP.
- Responsible for the leadership and management of employees and contractors within area of responsibility, including employment and labour relations matters involving: employee hiring, promotion, demotion and other personnel matters; discipline and discharge; representing management in the grievance procedure; input on behalf of management into labour relations matters, and representing management on committees; maintaining Employer confidentiality; and developing, supporting and implementing various corporate and legislated policies, procedures and practices.
- A degree in Human Resources or related with experience, inclusive of experience in strategic human resource, change management or related topic while supporting HR initiatives. Demonstrated experience supporting diversity and inclusion related initiatives and programs is desired.
Role-specific Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Highly effective communicator (verbal and written) that clearly conveys information and ideas to individuals and groups in a manner that engages and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Ability to use a variety of communication tools (writing for the web, social media etc.)
- Ability to work at a strategic and tactical level to develop programs and operationalize them.
- Experience in analysing and interpreting numerical data, and translating analyses into meaningful recommendations.
- Ability to adhere to strict confidentially as expected in a Human Resources office.
- Working knowledge of employment standards and human rights legislation.
- Comfortable delivering training and speaking in public settings.
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and credibility at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to set and manage priorities, competing demands and provide timely responses to urgent issues
- Willingness to exemplify the CRD Cultural Traits- Serve the Customer, Work Collaboratively, Own the Outcome, Lead the Way, Embrace Change and Develop Leadership Excellence
- As the role evolves, knowledge to build internal media including e-publications and video, face to face communications, posters and marketing collateral.
- Knowledge of SharePoint and InDesign an asset
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
The CRD thanks you for your interes t and advises only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.
View Original Source Source