Emergency Preparedness Manager
Job ID J1120-1128
Find out why our AMAZING employees love working for the City of Port Coquitlam!
Affectionately known as “PoCo”, we are an award winning organization made up of a diverse and dedicated team of people who care deeply about the community they serve.
Are you a seasoned emergency preparedness professional with considerable technical and managerial experience? Has this experience equipped you to manage the planning and coordination of both internal and external resources to address any man-made or natural disasters? Do you naturally connect with people and enjoy the variety and challenge of a dynamic, fast-paced work-environment? Are you a self-starter who does your best work when the pressure is on? If this sounds like you, read on.
We are looking to for a highly collaborative and talented individual to join our team to promote and maintain the City’s Emergency Preparedness Program, including the development and coordination of community programs and to provide support to a variety of volunteers involved in these programs. The work involves frequent public contact and liaison with provincial and local agencies including critical infrastructure owners and the local School Board. Although this opportunity is time stated, we are looking to expand the EP function at the City. For the successful candidate with “the right stuff”, this position could transition to a full-time ongoing opportunity.
If many of the following characteristics and skills describe you, we want to meet you!
- You are passionate about community service and emergency preparedness
- You have exceptional relationship building skills and an ability to quickly establish credibility, trust and presence with key community stakeholders, staff and volunteers
- You have demonstrated experience with Emergency Support Services, Emergency Operations Centre and Volunteer Management
- You have completed a post-secondary diploma or degree in Emergency Management or related discipline (or have an equivalent combination of education and extensive experience)
- You have considerable knowledge of Emergency planning, working knowledge of Emergency Management BC (EMBC) and the Emergency Program Act and regulations associated with emergency planning and emergency response
- You have a passion for growing, developing and empowering staff and volunteers
- You have an ability to prepare and present plans and reports to a diverse audience and positively represent the City
- You have a collaborative and inclusive leadership style yet can be decisive and firm when required
- You have an ability to quickly assess and confirm complex situations through effective listening, consultation, data analysis and critical thinking skills
- You have strong planning and analytical skills and a track record of implementing best practices in your area of expertise
- You are a skilled technical writer who is able to deliver clear and concise reader focused reports
- You lead with integrity, “walk the talk” and expect the same of others
- Why should you consider working for us?
- Our organization is the ideal size for you to make a difference and have an impact
- We have a strong learning culture and want our people to grow and succeed
- We take our work seriously but not ourselves and have a positive attitude about the work we perform
- We offer a comprehensive benefit package including an indexed pension and competitive annual salary and embrace a holistic approach to work and life outside of work.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to submit their resumes, along with a one-page letter demonstrating how their qualifications and experience match the position by December 13, 2020 at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs quoting competition number 20-098e.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
The City of Port Coquitlam will conduct a criminal record check.
View Original Source Source