School District No. 42 (Maple Ridge & Pitt Meadows)
School District No. 42 (Maple Ridge – Pitt Meadows)
The Maple Ridge – Pitt Meadows School District (SD No. 42) is defined by a culture of excellence and is highly regarded for the quality of its education and its commitment to students. Innovation, educational choice and student success is at the heart of all SD No. 42 efforts to support the learning needs of over 17,500 students. The school district has 22 elementary schools and 6 secondary schools and is governed by the Board of Education, comprised of 7 elected Trustees.
SD No. 42 is looking for a qualified Electrician, to perform maintenance on the electrical and related systems of the physical plant to ensure the safety and full use of buildings and facilities. This is a full time continuing position, effective immediately. The Electrician maintains, installs, repairs and tests electrical equipment. This position lays out, reads and interprets plans, drawings and specifications of district buildings and facilities in accordance with by-laws and codes. They evaluate the time, materials and equipment needed to complete work orders.
The applicant will possess:
- Electrical Trades Qualification (TQ) Certificate plus two years experience in a maintenance environment after completion of the TQ.
- Sufficient physical strength, health and coordination to perform the duties and responsibilities of the job.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and harmoniously with staff, students, parents, contractors and outside agencies, and the ability to work at the level of independence and with the degree of initiative appropriate to the position.
- Ability to use computer systems as required.
- Valid BC Driver’s license.
In your application, please include your:
- Resume and Cover Letter (preferably in PDF format)
- All Supporting Documentation
To apply, please visit https://bit.ly/34pNrWG.
Our staff members are the foundation of our system. When you join our school district, you become part of a talented community of educators and support staff dedicated to enriching the lives of all students and helping them achieve success.
View Original Source Source