Requisition ID: 29593
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh, Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world’s most livable cities. The City of Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation, and the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Main Purpose & Function
The Electrical QA/QC inspector will perform technical work of a regulatory and inspectional nature to ensure all types of electrical equipment and installations comply with all applicable standards. The position inspects, documents and communicates results to the Superintendent. QA/QC duties will include inspections of City plant at designated points throughout any renovations, repairs or additions. Ensure blueprints requirements are met and mark ups are submitted.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Inspects electrical installations to ensure work conforms with codes, bylaws, safety regulations, and City Standards.
- Identifies and documents infractions.
- Completes QA/QC checklists.
- Maintains accurate inspection records and prepares reports when required.
- Checks plans and specifications.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12, supplemented by the successful completion of a recognized apprenticeship in the Electrical Trades.
- An Electrician’s Certificate of Qualification is required
- A FSR B is required
- Relevant QA/QC certifications or two years related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of the standard practices, methods, tools, materials and equipment used supplemented by considerable experience in the electrical trade.
- Experience with traffic signal, street lighting, installation and maintenance, including experience in an industrial electrical or commercial work environment is an asset.
- Experience in working with sewer and water pump stations is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the hazards and proper safety aspects of the trade, and the ability to work on aerial lift trucks is required.
- Ability to handle the physical aspects of the position and work in inclement weather when necessary is of operational importance. Ability to operate hand tools, vehicles and heavy equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to work alone with minimal supervision and in a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret complex wiring diagrams, and familiarity and knowledge of SCADA systems is considered an asset.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks as required.
- Experience with QA/QC checklists and inspection process.
- Ability to read, understand and mark up blueprints.
- Ability to identify installation or process issues and provide resolution
- Considerable knowledge of the Vancouver Electrical Bylaw, Canadian Electrical code, BC Safety Standards Act and Regulations, and City of Vancouver standards.
Driver License and Record Checks
- A current and valid BC Driver’s License and a Satisfactory driving record
- 5 years accumulatin of no more than 9 points, not in excess of 3 points per single year
- 3 years accumulatin of no more than 1 preventable work related driving or equipment operating accident in any single year
- Emplyees who do not demonstrate a satisfactory driving record will have their application reviewed in more detail
Business Unit/Department: Engineering Services
Affiliation: IBEW Tech & Ins
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: July 2021
Salary Information: Pay Grade 2019: $44.83 to $48.78 per hour (2019 pay rates)
Application Close: June 24, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous applicants, all genders, nationalities and persons with disabilities. The City of Vancouver is always interested in adding high performing team members to its staff. If you would like to be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity, please apply on our careers site.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
View Original Source Source