- Join an industry leader based in the lower mainland!
- A fantastic opportunity to work within an experienced, growing team!
- Challenge yourself and contribute to a family company culture!
About NRG Electric Ltd.
With more than 20 years of industry experience, NRG Electric Ltd. has been providing the lower mainland with industry leading electrical services. Focusing on exceptional customer service, safety, and professionalism, we strive to exceed expectations and produce modern, high quality projects that are both cost effective and energy efficient. We are proud to have developed a reputation in the industry for being reliable, and consistently meeting project deadlines. Our top priority is recognizing that customers are looking for dynamic, progressive, and innovative services, and are constantly evaluating our staff and projects to maximize value and efficiency.
Our team is a group of professional, reliable, and hardworking certified electricians. We are bonded, licensed, insured, and a member of the BBB for both safety and security. Our goal is to develop relationships with every customer based on loyalty, trust, and a track record of a job well done! If this sounds like an environment that you could build a career within, then we want to hear from you.
About the Opportunity
Currently, NRG Electric Ltd. has an exciting opportunity for multiple Electrical Estimators to join our team in Coquitlam, B.C. on a full-time basis.
As our new Electrical Estimator, you’ll work to deliver proposals for clients, drive and supervise projects to completion, and provide a great customer experience along the way. In this position, you will be working on a range of projects that are primarily wood frame and concrete buildings.
Your other key responsibilities within this role will include:
- Preparing estimates and proposals regarding the feasibility, design, operation, and performance of electrical systems in new developments
- Preparing materials, cost and timing estimates, reports, and other design specifications for electrical systems
- Reviewing proposal specifications, and attending pre-bid meetings to determine what is needed for the job
- Analyzing and reviewing past projects to more accurately project future prices for jobs
- Communicating with teams on-site to track project progress
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clients, contractors, and suppliers
- Monitoring project schedule, meeting deadlines, and ensuring accountability
- Ensuring projects are in line with safety codes and standards
- Preparing estimator documentation on Bluebeam as the primary digital tool
- Working collaboratively with the project manager and junior estimator on ongoing projects
- Managing and updating performance forecasts for projects
More About You
In order to qualify for this role, you will join us with at least 2 to 8 years of experience in the electrical field, with a strong interest in project management and problem solving. Proficiency using Bluebeam as the primary electrical estimating software would be an asset, along with familiarity with Excel and Google Suite.
As our ideal candidate for this role, you’ll have a solid knowledge of electrical systems for residential applications. Your ability to multitask effectively and your excellent verbal and written communication skills will ensure your success within this role. As you work towards organizing and moving multiple projects forward efficiently, you’ll also have strong stakeholder management skills, allowing you to work with both the customers and internal teams.
Your attention to detail and in-depth understanding of architectural and electrical components will help in envisioning and planning an entire project from start to finish. Above all, you’ll be a team player who has high standards and is eager to learn and help grow our organization.
About the Benefits
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive wage based on skills and experience. You’ll also be entitled to an excellent package which includes:
- A comprehensive health and dental benefits program
- Vacation starting at 2 weeks upon joining
- Training and education programs that are available to enhance skills relative to your position
- Affiliation with Independent Contractors and Business Association (ICBA) and associated benefits
- Before the pandemic, we had frequent social events like our annual Christmas parties, and we’re eager to get back to them as soon as we can
Upon joining NRG Electric Ltd., you will be welcomed into a supportive, collaborative, and diverse team that takes pride in a job well done.
If you believe you have what it takes to join our team, apply now!
NRG Electric Ltd.
View Original Source Source