Early Years Program Leader
Parks & Environmental Services – Panorama Recreation
Hours of Work
Up to 30 hours bi-weekly, Monday – Thursday 9am – 12:15pm, including some weekly planning and prep time
Rate of Pay
$20.83 per hour plus 14% in lieu of benefits
Review of applications begins
4:00pm on December 21, 2020, however, this position will remain open until filled
Shifts are dependent on minimum program registration being met.
The Early Years Program Leader assists in the development and delivery of high-quality early years programming. This position will ensure that children aged 3 to 5 years are engaged, safe and provided with developmentally-appropriate programming. The position will provide opportunities for learning, exploring and engaging the environment, building connections with peers, and developing motor skills and fundamental movement skills. The position will lesson plan, organize and execute activities, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of participants at all times.
This position requires an acceptable criminal record check. The applicant/incumbent will be required to undergo a criminal record check in order to work in this position and to report to their supervisor if any criminal charges are laid against them that may be related to their employment in this position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Delivers safe, successful, healthy and enjoyable recreational programming for preschool-aged children
- Works within a program budget and allocated planning time, plans and delivers lessons that promote, stimulate and develop the intellectual, physical and emotional growth of participants; weaving fundamental movement skill, fine and gross motor skill.
- Promotes social experiences, respect for others and self-sufficiency, in a play-based learning environment
- Facilitates experiences and play opportunities that promote positive interactions, communication and diversity
- Promotes and enhances learning and creative ideas through engaging, varied lessons
- Daily activity and program space preparation
- Provides learning and guidance to participants on appropriate behaviour during play and activities, utilizing positive behaviour support strategies
- Ensures the safety and wellbeing of participants at all times
- Delivers care and support, respectful behaviour, inclusion, first aid and other areas relating to caring for children
- Works collaboratively with the Assistant
- Ensures equipment and program spaces are safe and sanitary before and after each program session
- Acts as a liaison between the general public and CRD.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Early Childhood Educator (ECE) or Early Childhood Educator Assistant (ECEA) Certificate from a recognized post-secondary institute (and licensed to practice in BC) considered an asset
- Experience planning and leading programming for preschool or school age children
- Ability to demonstrate good judgement in fostering appropriate behaviour of children
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgement when creating a positive, enthusiastic, fun and safe program environment
- Current certification in Emergency First Aid with CPR-C (at a minimum)
- Excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal and customer service skills
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
The CRD thanks you for your interest and advises only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.
View Original Source Source