Early Years Program Assistant
Parks & Environmental Services – Panorama Recreation
Hours of Work
Up to 24 hours bi-weekly, Monday – Thursday 9:15am – 12:15pm
Rate of Pay
$17.07 per hour (plus 14% in lieu of benefits)
Review of applications begins
4:00pm on December 21, 2020 however, this position will remain open until filled
Position is subject to program registration
The Early Years Program Assistant assists in the development and delivery of high-quality early years programming.
This position will assist in ensuring that children aged 3 to 5 years are engaged, safe and provided with developmentally-appropriate programming. The position assists with opportunities that provide learning, exploring and engaging in the environment, building connections with peers, and developing motor skills and fundamental movement skills. Assists with organizing and executing activities, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of participants at all times.
This position requires an acceptable criminal record check. The applicant/incumbent will be required to undergo a criminal record check in order to work in this position and to report to their supervisor if any criminal charges are laid against them that may be related to their employment in this position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in the delivery of safe, healthy and enjoyable recreational programming for preschool-aged children
- Assists in the delivery of lessons that promote, stimulate and develop the intellectual, physical and emotional growth of participants
- Assists in promoting social experiences, respect for others and self-sufficiency, in a play-based learning environment
- Assists in facilitating experiences and play opportunities that promote positive interactions, communication and diversity
- Assists in promoting and enhancing learning and creative ideas through engaging, varied lessons
- Assists in daily activity and program space preparation
- Provides learning and guidance to participants on appropriate behaviour during play and activities, utilizing Positive Behaviour Support strategies
- Delivers care and support with behaviour management, inclusion, first aid and other areas relating to caring for children
- Works to maintain harmonious working relationships
- Ensures equipment and program spaces are safe and sanitary before and after each program session
- Acts as a liaison between the general public and CRD;
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD
- Other duties as required
- Early Childhood Educator Assistant (ECEA) Certificate from a recognized post-secondary institute (and licensed to practice in BC) considered an asset
- Experience assisting or leading programming for preschool or school age children
- Ability to provide guidance to children on appropriate behavior
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgement when creating a positive, enthusiastic, fun and safe program environment
- Current certification in Emergency First Aid with CPR-C (at a minimum)
- Excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal and customer service skills
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
The CRD thanks you for your interest and advises only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.
View Original Source Source