EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR
WHO WE ARE: Vancouver Start Smart Preschool is a not-for-profit Reggio-inspired Fine Arts Preschool operating on the Eastside of Vancouver in a Public School for the past ten years.
OUR APPROACH: The teacher facilitator’s role is to listen to the children’s ideas and interest and create child centered programming that facilitates the ongoing learning based on the children’s chosen themes, ideas and interest. As the walls in our preschool are the ‘third teacher’ they are filled with the children’s art, showcasing their chosen themes, ideas and interests.
All four preschool classes have three core Fine Arts courses: Little Mozart’s Music; Dance and Movement; Drama. These are rotated into our normal class time and change daily. Our Visual Arts elements are ongoing daily and are both teacher and child directed.
1. Currently we have an opening for an ECE or an ECE Assistant.
2. The suitable candidate will work with our two Monday/Wednesday and Friday (4 year old) classes, and our two Tuesday and Thursday (3 year old) classes, 7.5 hours each day.
3. Full time hours: 7:45 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., Monday to Friday
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE:
1. Must have current Basic ECE certificate or ECE Assistant certificate.
2. Must have current Emergency First Aid and BC Criminal Record Check
3. Be willing to be mentored by Supervisor and Staff in our preschool’s specific learning strategies and be willing to work as a team.
4. Must be able to foster a ‘personal’ child likeness with the children and contribute regularly with personal playfulness to all learning preschool learning centers and activities. No sitting on the sidelines!
5. Must be creative and artistic.
6. Must have strong English skills—able to communicate well in English, verbally and in writing
1. Assisting with the overall daily operation of the preschool including setting up appropriate learning environment in the classroom.
2. Assisting with curriculum design in visual arts, drama, creative movement and dance.
3. Co-planning age-appropriate monthly/seasonal themes, and providing daily and weekly lesson plans
WAGES AND BENEFITS:
1. Wages: commensurate with experience and qualifications either as an ECE or as an ECE Assistant
2. 10 days paid sick leave
3. 4 weeks paid vacation
Rebecca Bauman, ECE/ Supervisor email@example.com
604 441 6363
View Original Source Source