Drainage Technician – Engineering
If you want to work for a forward-thinking, creative employer and in a fast paced work environment then this job is for you. The City of Chilliwack takes great pride in its focus on providing excellent service to its citizens and we are looking for a like-minded candidate to join our team.
The incumbent in this class assists management to achieve an efficient operation in the Department through reliable performance in all areas of inspections work, observing and complying with municipal policies, ensuring the safety and security of confidential material pertaining to the Department’s operation.
If you have the following knowledge, skills and abilities we encourage you to apply.
- A graduate of a two year Civil Engineering Technology program and have two years experience related municipal engineering work – OR – an acceptable combination of training and experience.
- Sound knowledge of engineering and technical methods, practices and procedures required in performance of duties of the position;
- Sound knowledge of computerized hydraulic network analysis;
- Must be in possession of a valid B.C. Driver’s License;
- Sound knowledge of national, provincial and municipal laws, bylaws, codes and relations governing municipal engineering works;
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with developers, contractors, engineers, elected officials, department officials, staff and the general public;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written format, with sound knowledge and ability to prepare and present technical and non-technical reports and all forms of general correspondence;
- Ability to perform a variety of engineering computations and calculations and interpret a variety of technical data and information;
If this job is a good fit for you, apply at jobs.chilliwack.com and create your on-line profile. The system allows you to quickly and easily enter your work history, education, certifications, and other important information. You can then apply to new positions in just a few clicks.
Competition Number: 2020-66
Closing Date: November 5, 2020 at 4:30pm
View Original Source Source