Position Status: Full-Time Regular
Department: Water Services
Employee Group: Teamsters Local 31
Location: 4730 Kingsway, Burnaby
Salary Range/ Wage Rate: PG 17 $ 1,990.13 – $ 2,338.13 bi-weekly
Our Water Services Department is seeking a Draftsperson II who will work in the preparation of electrical, instrumentation and communication drawings for water, wastewater and drainage facilities.
You are: primarily an electrical drafter with experience working on fabrication details, loop diagrams, schematic and wiring diagrams, single line diagram, etc.
- Prepares engineering drawings of moderate difficulty for water, sewer and drainage systems, sewage treatment plants, water reservoirs, pumping stations and ancillary structures, and related electrical services and instrumentation.
- Prepares base plans, topographical maps, electrical and instrumentation drawings; prepares graphs, tabulations, bills of materials, and engineering sketches; copies, traces, revises and colours a variety of drawings.
- Prepares sets of ‘as-built’ drawings for completed construction and installation projects.
- Reduces and plots survey notes. Makes basic technical calculations for dimensioning drawings such as chainage distances, slopes, grades, vertical distances, angles and pipe bends.
- Performs other work of equal importance, difficulty and responsibility requiring comparable qualifications.
- Performs related work as required.
To be successful, you have:
- Completion of Grade XII, including or supplemented by courses in mathematics with Trigonometry and Physics, plus one-year post-secondary training in drafting. Some experience in municipal drafting in related work or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Working knowledge of drafting practices, techniques, symbols and terminology.
- Working knowledge of basic technical mathematics and familiarity with engineering nomenclature and practices.
- Ability to carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to draw and letter efficiently in both pencil and ink on paper and drafting film.
- Ability to perform moderately difficult drafting assignments and carry out a variety of routine clerical tasks related to drafting work.
- Good drafting, visual and numerical aptitude.
- Skill in the use of drafting and computing instruments, including software applications for design and drafting (e.g. AutoCAD, etc.)
Metro Vancouver embraces collaboration and innovation in providing sustainable regional services that contribute to a livable and resilient region and a healthy natural environment for current and future generations.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by January 4, 2021.
View Original Source Source