Regional District of Central Okanagan
Dog Control Officer II
Do you understand dog behaviour, have excellent judgement, and enjoy working with the public?
If so, we want you on our Corporate Services team!
As the successful candidate reporting to the Chief Bylaw Enforcement Officer, you will:
- Provide education and enforcement of the Responsible Dog Ownership Bylaw throughout the Regional District of Central Okanagan area.
- Follow RDCO bylaws, policies, and procedures while investigating complaints and handling dogs.
- With guidance from the Chief Bylaw Enforcement Officer, prepare long form information, seizure warrants and destruction orders.
- Ensure and maintain detailed, accurate and timely records subject to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPA) legislation.
- Prepare for and testify in adjudication and civil court proceedings.
- Support the Dog Control team including assisting and/or completing Pound Keeper duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role, you will have your Bylaw Enforcement & Investigative Skills 2 and two years’ experience as a Dog Control Officer or equivalent. You enjoy working with dogs, have an excellent understanding of their behavior and will use that knowledge to positively engage with them during handling. While working with the public, you will use sound judgment, be professional and maintain confidentiality.
This position works independently and closely within a team to support public safety and provide a high level of customer service.
This is a full-time position to commence as soon as possible. We offer a salary of $35.50 per hour and a full range of benefits.
To view the full job description, visit our website at rdco.com/jobs. To apply, submit a cover letter and resume quoting Competition No. 2105 by 4:00 p.m. Monday, February 15, 2021 to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest – only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Regional District of Central Okanagan is an employer of choice made up of a dedicated team of people who care about the community we serve. We are located in one of the most desirable places to live in BC, in the heart of the Okanagan Valley. The appeal of Okanagan Lake and the natural beauty of the surroundings continue to draw people to the valley. Our lifestyle is second to none especially for those who live to enjoy the outdoors.
View Original Source Source