BC Public Service Agency
Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
Burns Lake, BC
$90,900.08 – $120,800.24 annually plus $35.88 bi-weekly isolation allowance
Combine your client service, stakeholder engagement and strategic planning skills in this senior management role
The Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations is the Province’s land manager, responsible for stewardship of Provincial Crown land, cultural and natural resources. The ministry has been developed through the amalgamation of legislative authorities in land and resource agencies to provide clients with a single point of access to natural resource authorizations and resource management services at many locations across the province. The ministry is structured in 23 districts within eight regions under the leadership of three geographically based Assistant Deputy Ministers.
Reporting to a Regional Executive Director the District Manager is accountable for sector-wide land and resource management operations within a district. This position works within natural resource management and is accountable for managing the delivery of district-wide operations consistent with ministry priorities and objectives and legislative requirements, and oversees a large team of technical, administrative, and professional staff.
Explore the opportunities and value working with our team can offer you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it-9laHaKyc&feature=youtu.be.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor’s degree in natural resource management, or a related field OR an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- A minimum of four (4) years’ experience in natural resources management.
- A minimum of three (3) years management experience.
- A minimum one (1) year experience in ALL the following:
- Experience providing advice to senior executives.
- Experience in an operational management capacity with business and organizational planning accountabilities.
- Experience dealing with complex resource management issues that may significantly impact multiple parties.
- Experience leading diverse teams.
- Experience in financial and human resource management.
For more information and to apply online by January 10, 2021, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/73324
View Original Source Source