Are you a natural problem solver, a compelling communicator, service-oriented, and able to demonstrate empathy? Are you interested in contributing to the health of Canadians? If so, consider a career as a Disability Case Manager with our client, one of Canada’s largest insurance companies.
You can make a difference in our customers’ lives as you develop your professional career with challenging and meaningful work!
– Work for one of Canada’s largest insurance companies
– Vancouver area
– 12-month contract
– Monday to Friday
– Competitive pay
– Start date: August 3rd, 2021
Also, workers placed through Randstad are eligible for preferred rates on health, dental, and life insurance. This Value-add program will provide a wide range of options to suit your needs!
As a Disability Case Manager, you will be responsible for managing disability claims to resolution. This involves determining if the plan members are eligible for disability benefits to determining the right interventions to support recovery and return to work for approved claims.
• Engaging with plan members through open and respectful communication to understand the medical, social, and personal dimensions of their work absence
• Assessing claims for benefit entitlement by reviewing contractual, medical, functional, and occupational information
• Developing and maintain outcome-focused case management plans to help plan members return to work
• Working collaboratively with plan members, plan sponsors, lawyers, health care practitioners and other stakeholders to obtain information, provide claim status, create action plans, and provide verbal and written decisions while maintaining confidentiality and privacy
• Conducting telephone interviews to obtain information to ensure complete understanding of the absence and type of support required to assist with return to work planning
• Identifying and assessing medical and non-medical influencing factors pre and post disability, functional capability, restrictions and limitations to better understand what support is needed to get plan members back to work
– Previous disability management experience (clinical settings, rehab settings, prior claims management preferred)
– Previous medical claims adjudication experience is a strong asset
– Critical thinking and problem-solver
– Strong organizational and task management skills
– Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
– Excellent listening skills/Empathetic
If you’re interested in the Disability Case Manager role, please apply online at www.randstad.ca.
Good to know you!
View Original Source Source