Director, Legislative Services/ Corporate Officer
Exempt, Full Time
At the City of Abbotsford our people are our greatest asset. We offer a wide range of diverse, stimulating and rewarding career opportunities that support and recognize high levels of performance. In Abbotsford, we work strongly to create a challenging yet rewarding environment for our employees to thrive. We invite you to become part of a place that has strong corporate and organizational values, rewarding career paths, challenging opportunities, and an engaging and dynamic team to work with.
Be part of the story. Join our team today.
The City of Abbotsford is seeking a highly motivated, experienced and energetic individual to fill the position of Director of Legislative Services/Corporate Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall leadership of the City Clerk’s Office.
Reporting to the General Manager of Finance, Legal and Legislative Services, this position performs the statutory duties of Corporate Officer, acts as the Chief Election Officer, and is the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPPA) Head. The responsibilities include the statutory functions set out under the Local Government Act and Community Charter.
This challenging role requires a high degree of independent action and confidentiality, excellent communication skills and the ability to multi-task in a demanding and diverse environment. This senior level position provides assistance to Council, committees of Council, the public and municipal departments; prepares Council meeting agendas; record minutes of Council meetings; draft council resolutions; process correspondence. Additionally, the successful candidate will be responsible for City elections and referendums; and Records Management/Retention System.
The qualifications required for this position include:
- University degree in Public/Business Administrations and a Certificate in Municipal Administration awarded by the Board of Examiners of the Province of BC
- A minimum of 8 years of experience
- Thorough knowledge of community charter, local government act, and FOIPP
- The ability to interpret and apply relevant Municipal by-laws
- Strong leadership and management skills with demonstrated progressively increasing responsibilities
- Superior oral and written communication skills and the ability to coordinate activities with other departments and related government agencies
At the City of Abbotsford we work strongly to create a challenging yet rewarding environment for our employees to thrive. We offer ongoing personal and professional development opportunities, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, please visit us online at www.abbotsford.ca/careers
Closing Date: March 14, 2021
View Original Source Source