Full-service Design, Digital Printing and Promotional Products print shop in Surrey is seeking an experienced individual that has pre-press, graphic design and digital print background in a pay-for-print graphic design environment. This is a full-time position, Monday-Friday regular business hours.
We require a great detail of organizational skills. Your duties will include digital printing, graphic design, submitting files to vendors, working directly with customers, working directly with press operators and being part of a cohesive team. Experience with Xerox, Konica Minolta or similar digital printers (aka Digital Presses) using command workstation is a must. MUST HAVE AT LEAST 1 YEAR PRINT EXPERIENCE.
*PREPRESS / DIGITAL PRINT PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must be able to manipulate and create files as graphic design using Adobe CC software, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft tools including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Publisher
• Must know how to set up pre-press files for printing, colour calibrating, imposition, creating bleeds, crops, etc.
• This position will also consist of sending jobs to print. Must have knowledge of RIP systems, trapping and colour separations.
• Ability to work independently, as well as with a team.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills a must.
• Ability to read and understand job tickets for specific instructions.
• PC knowledge.
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks and give great attention to details.
• This is NOT a freelance graphic design position, nor a web design position.
* PREPRESS / DIGITAL PRINT PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Read digital print production work order and job ticket for specific instructions
• Design / impose / layout digital files for printing
• Send proofs to customers when required
• Print all approvals and include in job jacket with a sample
• Follow up with proofs daily
• Run jobs as per work order
• Place samples and all information into job jacket
• RIP digital files to offset printing plate system
• Ensure colour separations and trapping for offset printing
• File artwork using the unique archiving system in place
*Customer Service responsibilities
• Greeting walk-in customers
• Replying to email inquiries
• Answering phone calls
• Making telephone calls/ telemarketing calls to potential customers
• Taking orders and information from customers
View Original Source Source