Requisition ID: 24773
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh, Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The Digital Content Coordinator provides videography and social media content creation services for the City of Vancouver’s Civic Engagement and Communications team and other business units.
Key Contacts and Reporting Relationships
The position reports to the Communications Manager, Media and Issues and provides content creation support to managers within the Civic Engagement and Communications team.
- Executes the design and creation of a variety of visual and multimedia content for social media and web.
- Researches and creates social graphics, basic animations, short videos and data visualizations for use on the City’s digital channels.
- Films and broadcasts short pieces of live video content on social channels.
- Conducts videoed interviews with staff, City partners or residents to create content for intranet, digital communication channels or events.
- Attends meetings with internal clients to discuss ongoing or upcoming projects; brainstorms and provides solutions to creative challenges to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Champions and adheres to the principles, framework and priorities as set out by the Digital Strategy and helps to align priorities for external web and social media projects accordingly.
- Provides content creation support and advice to the Civic Engagement and Communications and Digital Channels team on digital content trends; develops templates for client departments.
- May work with external contractors to create additional content, providing City brand and style guidance to contractors.
- Edits, exports and uploads new and existing video content.
- Organizes and maintains a variety of files and records related to the work; develops and maintains cross-reference docketing and archival systems for production jobs.
- Performs related work as required.
Minimum Position Requirements
Education and Experience:
- A diploma, degree or combination of specialized training and experience in videography, content creation, web technology or communication.
- Three or more years’ experience in the creation of video and graphic content for digital communications channels within an agency or in-house corporate role is preferred
- Experience in providing digital content creation advice and services to employees and managers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of video and graphic content creation principles, methods, techniques, materials and tools.
- Strong experience with current trends and active posting with standard social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube), as well as a demonstrated passion for social media as a whole.
- Ability to design optimized graphics for social media networks.
- Photography and videography skills including the ability to do live streaming, basic event photography, video production and editing.
- Knowledge of best practice and digital platform requirements for paid and organic social and video content.
- Knowledge of corporate communications objectives and requirements as they relate to the work performed.
- Ability to develop and execute content creation concepts appropriate to client needs and projects.
- Ability to turnaround time-sensitive videos in a prompt manner.
- Ability to establish work priorities and to organize, coordinate and ensure the quality, timely production and cost effectiveness of content.
- Able to take initiative and accepting of feedback and guidance.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Knowledge and experience in using editing and content creation software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, Adobe Premiere or Apple Final Cut Pro.
- Knowledge of user experience (UX) design and infographics development an asset.
- Familiarity with content management systems and web analytics preferred.
- Knowledge of designing optimized graphics for social media networks
Business Unit/Department: Office of the City Manager (1010)
Affiliation: CUPE 15
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: February 2021
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-24: $36.45 to $43.04 per hour
Application Close: Jan 22, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. If you would like to be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity, please apply through our careers site.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
View Original Source Source