Job Title: Development Planner
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Location: Port Moody, British Columbia, Canada
The City of Port Moody has an exciting, regular full-time opportunity for an experienced Development Planner.
The Development Planner provides long and short range planning duties in a specialized area of expertise. This position is responsible for synthesizing complex planning project concepts and presenting the information to internal and external parties.
This position will balance a diverse workload ranging from a review of current development proposals, preparation of land use plans and drafting bylaws to managing specific planning projects, as assigned. Ongoing contact with the general public, community groups and the development industry will be a key responsibility.
- Master’s degree in Planning, Architecture or Urban Design plus a minimum of three years of planning experience in a municipal or similar setting
- Membership in the Planning Institute of British Columbia and the Canadian Institute of Planners
- Membership in the Architectural Institute of British Columbia and the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada would be an asset
- A sound knowledge of community planning and urban design theories, practices, principles and processes
- Experience researching and preparing community plans and policies
- Experience processing various kinds of development applications
- Experience reviewing architectural drawings and providing critical commentary
- Project management experience
- Ability to make independent decisions and use creativity to resolve issues
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory police information check and also a satisfactory driver’s abstract.
The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an excellent benefits package as well as professional development opportunities.
View Original Source Source