City of Surrey
Deputy Facilities and Maintenance Manager
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
This position reports to the Manager, Facilities Maintenance and Operations and assists with the day-to-day operations of all City of Surrey civic facilities.
Exempt – Regular Full Time
As a successful candidate, you will be responsible for:
- Building operations and facilities management; budget management; administration and service delivery.
- Planning, organizing and leading a highly skilled and passionate team in the field .
- Managing maintenance priorities, overseeing third party contractors/vendors, managing automated building systems, and overseeing the safety and security of facilities.
- Developing and implementing technical work programs, projects and operational work procedures.
- Managing and prioritizing funding for capital and operational projects.
- Supervising multi-disciplinary teams of staff.
- overseeing building projects, renovations, or refurbishments.
- drafting reports and making written recommendations.
- Demonstrating good work knowledge of City Works, Asset Planner and MS Office.
- Assisting in the selection and management of contractors and consultants providing services to the City of Surrey.
- Creating and delivering detailed reports, Request for Proposal’s and contracts.
- Assisting with the troubleshooting of building components, repair and maintenance of pumps, HVAC and associated control and electrical systems.
- responsible for participating in recruitment of staff and labour relations matters.
- University Degree or Diploma in Engineering or a related Mechanical Technology.
- Ten years progressively responsible experience in facilities maintenance and operations.
- Proven project management experience.
- Knowledge of construction industry standards.
- Membership in APEGBC or ASTTBS is preferable.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable City, Provincial and Federal statutes and regulations.
- This position requires completion of a Police Information Check.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
View Original Source Source