“Where the Rainforest Meets the Sea”
Deputy Corporate Officer
Located on the south-western tip of Vancouver Island, BC, Sooke has a sheltered harbour, and is a scenic forty-five (45) minutes’ drive from BC’s capital city, Victoria. As a part of a temperate rainforest, the Sooke district has one of the mildest climates in Canada. Characterized by warm, dry summers and mild winters, Sooke’s pleasant climate is a year-round paradise for those who enjoy outdoor activities, such as hiking, biking, kayaking, or sailing.
The District of Sooke has a permanent employment opportunity for a Deputy Corporate Officer. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services (Corporate Officer), the Deputy Corporate Officer assists with the functions related to the statutory duties and responsibilities of the Corporate Officer. The Deputy Corporate Officer exercises considerable independent judgment, initiative, tact, courtesy, and diplomacy in processing assignments, while maintaining confidentiality for all files that are of sensitive nature.
To be considered for this role, applicants should have:
- A Public Administration Diploma or equivalent or a combination of education and experience.
- A Professional Certificate in Local Government Administration (PADM) or currently actively pursuing the program.
- A minimum five (5) years related administrative experience in a local government environment, working knowledge of legislation and records management practices applicable to the work and the operations and functions of various municipal departments.
- Supervisory experience and training would be considered an asset.
- A valid Class 5 B.C. Driver’s Licence.
This position is exempt from the bargaining unit. The salary for the Deputy Corporate Officer is $86,020/year, plus an excellent benefit package.
To view the full job description, please visit the employment page of our website at: www.sooke.ca/employment.
Please indicate 2021-001 Deputy Corporate Officer in the subject of your email, and submit your detailed resume and cover letter, in pdf format, outlining your interest and experience for this opportunity to: email@example.com.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday, February 7, 2021.
The District of Sooke thanks all applicants for their interest and advises that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
View Original Source Source