Delta Police Department
Department: DPD Administration – I.T.
Employment Group: Exempt
Job ID: CE20-18
Hours of Work: Standard 35 hour work week (M-F 0800-1600)
Pay Rates: $59,746 – $71,249
Nature and Scope of Work
The purpose of the Data and Programmer Analyst is to provide Data Analysis, Report development and Application Programming services for Delta Police Department. This is a varied and complex position which includes Report development using Tableau, SQL Server, Access and a variety of other Technical tools, organizing and presenting operational reports to management and doing Software and App development. The incumbent will also be performing Helpdesk functions including providing telephone, remote or onsite support to end users. This work is performed under minimum supervision and requires the exercise of independence of judgment and action in the technical, operational and problem solving aspects of the work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following;
- Undertaking report development projects from preliminary analysis to post implementation review by:
- Gathering detailed report specifications from management and end users
- Working collaboratively with end users during the report writing process
- Developing and documenting reports and dashboards
- Thoroughly testing reports and dashboards
- Preparing detailed implementation plans
- Once implemented, organizing meetings and presenting reports and dashboards to management on a regular basis
The Data and Programmer Analyst also:
- Designs, writes and maintains custom reports using programming languages and reporting tools such as SQL, Tableau, Access, Excel spreadsheets etc. to meet specific reporting needs.
- Responds to, troubleshoots and resolves data, access and performance issues related to reporting.
- Liaises with vendors to ensure that software and system issues are resolved; refers problems as required.
- Follows developed policies and procedures surrounding the IT and report development life cycle.
- Monitors and provides input on adoption of advancing technology in order to support continuous improvement towards the delivery of reporting services at Delta Police
- Develops and maintains Web applications and Android & iOS Apps
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
At least 2 years’ experience with:
- Data and Statistical Analysis
- Building Custom reports and dashboards using Tableau, SQL Server, Access, Excel and other reporting tools
- Business Analysis including Requirements Elicitation and Analysis, Documentation, Prototyping and Testing
- Advanced SQL, T-SQL programming, Stored Procedures, Cursors, Joins
- Microsoft Office applications including advanced Excel functions and Macros
- Presenting reports and findings to Senior Management
- Providing face-to-face and classroom training to end users
Experience with and/or excellent understanding of
- Application development using Android Studio, Laravel PHP framework, REST APIs, Node.js, Bootstrap, Express.js, AJAX, jQuery and REACT
Required Education and Training
Degree in Computer Science or Data Science or equivalent knowledge gained from direct work experience.
Desirable Training and Experience
- Experience performing Helpdesk functions including providing telephone, remote or onsite support to end users
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI or IBM Cognos Analytics
- Experience with MS SharePoint and Office 365 applications
Required Licenses, Certificates and Registrations
- Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia.
- Security clearance is required and will be maintained throughout employment
In order to be eligible for employment with the Delta Police Department, you must be either a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident, and be at least 18 years of age.
View Original Source Source