Are you a Data Architect looking to work on exciting Big Data intiatives comprising of the management of over 1600 databases? Our Downtown Vancouver client is looking for a Data Architect to join their amazing team on a permanent full-time basis! The Data Architect will be responsible for all data driven initiatives and strategies focusing on database schema design and maintenance, data transformation and batch processing, data analytics and data management. The Data Architect will act as a lead for a growing DBA team, setting priorities and organizing work in collaboration with the Head of CloudOps. Apply for this awesome Data Architect opportunity today!
What’s in it for you!
As a Data Architect with our Downtown Vancouver client, you’ll receive:
• Highly competitive market annual rates.
• Remote work environment.
• Group RRSP matching.
• Extended health and dental benefits.
• Quarterly extra-curricular activities.
What will you do?
As a Data Architect with our Downtown Vancouver client, you will:
• Take ownership of all data sources, repositories and artifacts including documentation, diagrams, polices, procedures and the actual data and schema itself.
• Develop Big Data storage using cloud data platforms (such as GCP, AWS etc.) to consume vast amounts of data and consolidate them to be consumable by technical and non-technical users alike (both internal and external).
• Architect scalable and sustainable data management, analytics, and storage solutions on hybrid cloud (modern cloud platforms integrating with legacy systems).
• Lead and report on progress on the small but growing DBA team.
• Oversight into data monitoring, performance and other data devops tasks.
How do you qualify?
To qualify for the Data Architect role with our Downtown Vancouver client, you must have:
• 8+ years of experience with a deep understanding of databases and analytics, specifically in MySQL, data warehousing, and business analytics (Power BI, Tableau, Data studio etc.).
• Reporting Authoring, ETL.
• Building/Maintaining efficient database schemas.
• Database performance management and tuning.
• Backup and recovery processes that can be executed by non-DBA technical support staff.
• Data security (encryption, role based access control, auditing, best practices).
• 5+ years of experience leading DBA resources and managing complex projects requiring interfacing with multiple stakeholders with a demonstrated ability to obtain consensus.
If the prospect of working within a high-functioning collaborative environment on an exciting Data initiatives intrigues you, then the Data Architect role with our Downtown Vancouver client could be the perfect opportunity for you!
Please contact Corey Newson with your resume at:
View Original Source Source