Requisition ID: 25234
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world’s most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
The Data Analyst position will support the Continuous Process Improvement Team in identifying, collecting, validating and transforming data with the purpose of allowing the CPI Business Process Analyst to utilize data driven decision making processes for our continuous improvement projects.
The position reports to the Manager, Continuous Process Improvement. This positon will work closely with the Business Process Analysts of the Continuous Process Improvement team and will also work with Process Improvement Green Belts within their respective Business Units. The position will also work closely with Financial Planning and Analysis, Information Technology and with the Performance Measurement team.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the Manager, Continuous Improvement and the Business Process Analysts in order to determine the data requirements for projects and identify the best practices for data collection and storage.
- Extract business requirements from client by actively listening and comprehending complex information and identifying data to meet those requirements.
- Develop, implement and maintain appropriate measurement plans to enable the collection data for the Business Process Analysts and others as needed.
- Support the rollout of SharePoint within Finance, Risk and Supply Chain
- Collect data manually as required.
- Developing data collection systems and other strategies that optimize collection efficiency and data quality.
- Proactively assess the quality of the data captured.
- Work closely with the Business Analysts to prioritize data and information requests.
- The data analyst’s responsibilities may include presenting data in charts, graphs and tables as well as designing and developing relational databases for collecting data.
- Liaise with the IT team and be a subject matter expert for specific master data entities.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Business, Business Analytics, Mathematics or related field of study.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with developing, implementing and maintaining data collection system.
- Ability to obtain data using ERP systems (including SAP, Hansen, POSSE, Tempest, Lagan, and ActiveNet), interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, etc.
- Experience utilizing data modeling / visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI or QikView.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills; ability to gather, analyze and synthesize information. Must work with large amounts of data, facts, figures and number.
- Communication Skills: Must communicate well with team members and ancillary resources.
- Excellent Attention to Detail: The conclusions drawn from this data analysis will drive the direction of our continuous improvement projects. Accuracy and attention to detail are paramount.
- Math Skills: Understanding of basic statistical methods.
- Expert in Excel data analysis and data visualization tools. (pivot tables/charts, lookup tables)
- Proficiency in writing queries in VBA and SQL.
- Proficient in using MS Office Suite.
- Develop and maintain SharePoint sites.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively across internal (inter-departmental) functions areas; including the ability to manage competing interests and communicate successfully in both direct and indirect reporting relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously and complete on schedule.
Business Unit/Department: Finance, Risk & Business Plan (1150)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: February, 2021
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-024: $36.45 to $43.04 per hour
Application Close: January 24, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
View Original Source Source