City of Surrey
Crime Analyst 2 – RCMP Support Services
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
The Crime Analyst 2 position specializes in the design and development of data collection strategies, techniques and methods and the application of analytical research techniques to develop reports and intelligence products that support and inform criminal investigative activities, operational programs and crime reduction strategies.
Union – CUPE Local 402 – Regular Full-Time
- The successful candidate will provide statistical, tactical and strategic crime analysis services and intelligence information to management.
- You would be required to collect, assemble and review investigative and intelligence data from various sources to identify and monitor crime trends, series, patterns and persons of interest, as well as develop and maintain comprehensive files, records and documentation.
- The Crime Analyst will also deliver presentations, briefings, and situation reports on crime trends and related matters.
- In addition, the successful candidate will establish and maintain working relationships with members, staff and external agencies.
- Qualified applicants must have completion of a university degree in a related discipline including coursework in applied research and statistics.
- Minimum of five years related experience is required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
*This position requires completion of an RCMP Top Security Clearance.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
View Original Source Source