Crew Leader – Utilities Maintenance #210
Closing Date: October 30, 2020
An exciting and challenging opportunity exists for a Temporary, Full-Time Crew Leader – Utilities Maintenance with the City of Kamloops!
The incumbent performs highly skilled operational and maintenance work of a relatively complex nature under the limited supervision of the Utility Services Supervisor. Work involves the provision of considerable supervision to several Utilities positions in the maintenance division. The work involves planning, scheduling, and supervising the installation, repair, maintenance, and inspection of sewer and waterworks piping, water mains, storm sewers, valves, and fire hydrants.
Typical duties of this position include:
- Plans, schedules, supervises, and occasionally participates in the installation, replacement, repair, alteration, inspection, and maintenance of the City’s water, sewer, and drainage systems.
- Maintains and controls an inventory of standard parts, obtains sources and quotations for new or replacement equipment, and purchases supplies and equipment within budgetary guidelines.
- Responds to a variety of calls or requests for service to determine the necessary action and the resources required to perform the work. This includes responding to emergency calls related to the work performed by the Utility Services Division.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Completion of secondary school or its equivalent.
- Completion of BC EOCP Level II Certification in the following:
- Water Distribution Systems; and
- Wastewater Collection Systems.
- BC Driver’s Licence – Class 5 or equivalent.
- Proficient in basic Word and basic Excel, as demonstrated through testing. 70% pass rate required.
- Successful completion of the NASSCO Pipeline Assessment and Certification Program.
- Minimum five years’ current experience in utility system maintenance, repair or construction.
- Minimum one year’s previous experience supervising crews involved in utilities system maintenance or repair within the past five years.
This is a temporary position until approximately July 31, 2021 or return of the incumbent.
For new hires, and for those working in designated positions of trust, including those working directly with vulnerable persons, no formal offer of employment will be made until an applicant completes a police information check.
A comprehensive benefits package will be included with this position.
Hours & Days of Work
Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm (Winter)/7:00am – 3:00pm (Summer)
Hours per Week
City of Kamloops -> Civic Operations -> Utility Services
Utility Services Supervisor – Maintenance
October 30, 2020
External job postings are open to everyone. We accept applications online only; be sure to carefully read the application instructions for each job you apply to.
We are an equal opportunity employer and thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that persons with disabilities who require assistance with the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (250) 828-3439.
View Original Source Source