Corporate Officer #245
Closing Date: January 15, 2021
An exciting and challenging opportunity exists for a Temporary, Full-Time Corporate Officer with the City of Kamloops! This position reports directly to the Corporate Services Director, is accountable as a statutory officer under the Community Charter, and is responsible for ensuring that City Council meets its legislated requirement in the conduct of its business, and for the direction and control of the assigned workforce. This position is the principal advisor to Mayor and Council on the proper conduct of all meetings of the City Council, its statutory committees, and Committee of the Whole. In addition, this position has three direct reports, the Legislative Services Supervisor, the Records Manager, and the Privacy Officer. If you are someone with strong leadership skills and a passion for local government, this could be the opportunity for you!
Typical duties of this position include:
- Provides leadership to the team through the hiring, motivating, coaching, and development of employees.
- Arranges and attends meetings of Council and Public Hearings to ensure proper proceedings in accordance with relevant legislation.
- Oversees the development and preparation of Council and Committee of the Whole agendas, accurate minutes of Council and Committee of the Whole proceedings, bylaws, and other relevant legislative documentation and processes.
- Provides effective and timely information and advice to Council.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- A two year Diploma in Public Sector Management or Public Administration or a related discipline.
- A minimum of five to seven years of supervisory experience.
- Thorough knowledge of all applicable federal and provincial legislation.
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Previous experience in a municipal government setting.
- A Degree in Public Sector Management or Public Administration or a related discipline.
For new hires, and for those working in designated positions of trust, including those working directly with vulnerable persons, no formal offer of employment will be made until an applicant completes a police information check. A comprehensive benefits package is included with this position. Please note that this is a Temporary, Full-Time position until approximately September 30, 2022, or return of incumbent.
Hours & Days of Work
Monday to Friday:
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (summer);
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (winter)
Hours per Week
City of Kamloops -> Corporate Services -> Legislative Services
Corporate Services Director
January 15, 2021
External job postings are open to everyone. We accept applications online only; be sure to carefully read the application instructions for each job you apply to.
We are an equal opportunity employer and thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that persons with disabilities who require assistance with the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (250) 828-3439
View Original Source Source