Requisition ID: 29853
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
The Vancouver Park Board is seeking a dynamic and experienced individual to assist with overseeing the daily operations of the Langara, Fraserview, McCleery Golf Clubhouses and three Pitch & Putts. Our golf courses include concessions and special event facilities and are located throughout beautiful Vancouver. Reporting to the F&B Operations Lead and Supervisor of Golf Operations, the Clubhouse Coordinator is an effective and influential team leader and responsible for the coordination, development and management of golf operations with a vision to ensure that all activities and interactions conducted by staff meet the high standards and objectives of the business.
The Clubhouse Coordinator will work closely with the F&B Operations Lead to deliver food and beverage related operational activities including inventory management, purchasing, maintenance, health and safety compliance, employee oversight and performance management.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
The Clubhouse Coordinator provides leadership support to the F&B Operations Team Leader for daily clubhouse operations. This position also directly supervises employees at 3 Pitch & Putt locations during the operational season and is directly responsible for the sales, contracting and delivery of all Tournaments and Special Events with the support of the F&B Operations Team Leader. They will monitor, react and make adjustments to the clubhouse operations to ensure the budgeted revenue and profit targets are achieved. This position supports the Lead in weekly clubhouse administration including purchasing, payroll, scheduling, time and attendance and maintenance requests and will also assist with weekly food and liquor inventory management and reporting. The Clubhouse Coordinator will be responsible for analysis and reporting of budget results to the Supervisor of Business Services pertaining to Pitch & Putt Operations and Tournaments.
The Clubhouse Coordinator proactively address customer concerns towards positive outcomes and ensure quality service standards and customer service requirements are being adhered to. The position will build collaborative relationships and support an open and constructive dialogue with employees and contractors in the Golf Ops Team and will work closely with the Golf Operations team to book and facility special events including tournaments, private and corporate events and kids camps The Clubhouse Coordinator will also set work priorities, hire, discipline and assist with completing performance reviews for all reporting employees including cashier and line cook staff. This position will be responsible for strategically determining staffing levels and operational hours to achieve budget expectations. The successful candidate will facilitate employee guidelines and expectations within a unionized environment. The Clubhouse Coordinator provides ongoing mentorship and performance management of employees at their worksites and will work proactively to create a positive work culture.
Education and Experience:
- Post-Secondary education in Hospitality Management/ Golf Management
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Food and Beverage Management role preferably in a unionized environment.
- Tournament and Special Event Coordinating experience considered an asset.
- Serving it Right and Food Safe Certification is required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience operating multi-unit food services with 15+ employees
- Demonstrate experience in HR management, including recruiting, performance management and resolving grievances.
- Demonstrates experience in budget management and meeting or exceeding profit targets.
- Demonstrates leadership with the ability to set personal goals and objectives, team management, conflict resolution, coaching and performance management for unionized staff
- Proven success in Golf Tournament and Special Event sales and delivery.
- Knowledge of all regulatory health and safety requirements in a F&B environment.
- Proven accuracy pertaining to all financial and inventory reporting processes
- Successful at building collaborative partnerships with internal and external stakeholders and staff
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 20kg.
- Must be able to travel between multiply work sites with reliable transportation.
- Knowledge of inventory management systems, menu development, costing. food waste mitigation and clubhouse and golf safety protocols an asset.
Drivers License and Record Checks:
- A current and valid BC Driver’s license is required. The license must not include any restrictions that would affect the ability to legally and safely carry out job responsibilities. Local area travel and transportation arrangements must meet the operational requirements of the Board of Parks and Recreation.
Business Unit/Department: Board of Parks & Recreation (1400)
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Start Date: June, 2021
End Date: March, 2022
Application Close: June 2, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. If you would like to be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity, please apply through our careers site.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
View Original Source Source